XY question

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
So i've had my Deus for a looong time and do pretty well with it.

I've never used the XY screen and thought I would give it a try.

Don't know if it will help in my iron infested sites I hunt but would like to try...

My understanding is you go into Configurating - then into profiles - and then select XY yes

Well I'm running a pitch program that I'm pretty sure I built off of Deus Fast and have 5.xx version installed.

When I try to switch to XY there is no option for it in configuration???

Am I doing something wrong or is the XY only available in certain programs??

Thanks for your help on this..

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go into OPTIONS, select CONFIGURATION and then select PROFILE. Use the "+" touchpad to select the X-Y option. Been there since early versions. I'm guessing you did not select PROFILE.

Last edited:

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XY screen was incorporated into being able to be selected via menu with version 4. And was wrote into version 4 manual.
XP Deus version 4 new features - XP Detectors

Versions prior to version 4. Access to XY screen was not depicted in users manual although it could be accessed by doing the following :

The XY Screen can be accessed by pressing SELECT. Once you've done that, press and hold the + button and the PINPOINT button at the same time. You will then see the ADVANCED option pop up in the scroll window. Select ADVANCED, then select the XY screen and TA DA !

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FWIW - I wouldn't recommend X-Y for bed of nails type thick iron sites because the close proximity of iron to any nearby non-ferrous will just overehelm the display making it a swiggly mess. Let us know how it works if you do try it out.

bleeohio

Apr 8, 2017
Nw ohio
Detector(s) used
This space for rent...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree that it isn't a good choice in heavy iron. It shines imo coinshootin where there are a lot of rusty deep bottle caps.

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree that it isn't a good choice in heavy iron. It shines imo coinshootin where there are a lot of rusty deep bottle caps.

XY is allot of fun coin shooting in clean ground.. im able to call pennies, dimes and quarters pretty consistantly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread