Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was taking the charging clip off of the coil yesterday and it broke, the spring portion of it. I had seen where others had problems with them before and I thought that I had been careful with mine but it just snapped. just seems like such a cheaply made part of the clip.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that. I know on the Garrett forum one guy broke two on the arm cuffs. I stepped on mine and it broke. I suspect he did the same thing. Fixed it with plastic glue. If you can't wait for new part.

I was just thinking don't let it snap hard when you remove it. I guess you can devise a clamp to hold it on for another charge until you get repair/replace. Somebody said don't wiggle it when it's on.

https://www.jbweld.com/collections/plastic-composite-pvc

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awhile back I bought two spares. All this plastic on machines anymore is not going to last really long.

GeekNJ

Mar 10, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & MI-6, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw an announcement but not a lot of detail yet on a new charging clip from XP. See News | Blog version EN

Charging clamp:

XP are always working on ways to improve our products, we are pleased to announce the new revised coil charging clip offering an advanced durable Polymer and upgraded charging pins.

And they show a picture ...
pince-de-charge-01-02.png

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you didn't already order the old one. Maybe you'll get the first one off the line.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
actually got a rubberband to work, it is charging now. a good temporary fix

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used another plastic clip until I ordered spares. Haven't broken a spare yet!

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw an announcement but not a lot of detail yet on a new charging clip from XP. See News | Blog version EN

Charging clamp:

XP are always working on ways to improve our products, we are pleased to announce the new revised coil charging clip offering an advanced durable Polymer and upgraded charging pins.

And they show a picture ...
View attachment 1696997

Yup leave it up to XP to release a untested crap product like the charging clip, and then once they see there is a market for a better product they R&D up a new product that they should have released the FIRST TIME!! Just like the coils, we had LF then HF and now X35 anyone else see the pattern here?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's an outfit called Detecting Doodads that sells a charging clips--looks very strong.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup leave it up to XP to release a untested crap product like the charging clip, and then once they see there is a market for a better product they R&D up a new product that they should have released the FIRST TIME!! Just like the coils, we had LF then HF and now X35 anyone else see the pattern here?

You had me then you lost me. I agree there is no excuse for for a poor charging clip design from the get go because it should be simple enough to design properly in the first place. But extending that thought to something as complex as the coil design upgrades is kind of ridiculously over the top. Saying there is a pattern of putting out inferior product initially as some sort of consumer gotcha in this case is like saying any detector manufacturer who puts out an improved detector got it wrong on the last iteration and did not do enough R&D in the first place. XP eventually figured out, through iterative design improvements, how to make a coil that works over a very wide range of frequencies with all of the electronics in the coil making it wireless to boot, a huge engineering challenge that was not fully realized inbthe original LF coil. To say the blew it by not coming out with the x35 in the first place is like saying ML blew it by not coming out with Equinox years ago or Garrett for not coming out with the AT Max years ago, etc. Just not a logical argument proving poor R&D, in fact quite the opposite. I only see about 3 detector manufacturers truly innovating and, unfortunately for US detectorists, none of them are US companies.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread