Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have just posted my next video about differentiating bottle caps with the XP Deus as a new post on this Deus Forum. In this video I use both the HF round coil and x35 11" round coil to test some coins and bottle caps in my test garden. I try Frequency change, Silencer change, Profile change from Horseshoe screen to XY Screen, and pin pointing to see if they can help to differentiate a bottle cap from a good non ferrous.

Effective:

Change profile setting from horseshoe screen to XY screen- was effective to differentiate good non ferrous targets alone, but once the bottle cap was in close proximity to the good non ferrous target the screen showed erratic results

Pin Pointing- using the pin point function with the coil was effective in producing a much louder sound over a bottle cap than the good non ferrous signal, but also didn't work well to distinguish the targets when the bottle cap was in close proximity to the good non ferrous target

My conclusion was that HF Round coil produced a better discrepancy between the sound that a bottle cap makes vs the sound that a good non ferrous makes than the x35 LF 11" Round coil did. I also concluded that the best way to differentiate a bottle cap from a good non ferrous is to get used to the precise sound and tone that a bottle cap makes and avoid it- some bottle caps will sound great and you will be digging them even after years of practice.

Enjoy the video and thanks for watching.

<span style="color: rgb(29, 33, 41); font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread