anfibio-multi-1.jpg

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Park you might want a smaller coil like the 9.5" elliptical HF to work the trashy areas where the gold is still there. That's my next coil, but I already have the 9" X35 which works pretty good. Not a big fan of the large coils but some people like them. Not that many for the 11 X 13. Said little depth advantage on coin-sized targets. mainly more coverage for fields, etc. But you already have the 11" so not much to gain there especially in mineralized soil. All my opinion which as I say my two cents cryptocurrency (not worth much). Don't know anything about the Anfibio.

Last edited:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the big Attack coil by NEL for my AT MAX and it's nice in the fields and open woods but it can be challenging in the trashy parks. Though it is nice to cover a lot of ground I often break down and go to my 5X8 so I can sort out all the signals.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
I have the 11X13 LF coil and hardly ever put it on.
Only time I do is when looking for a new site out in the wild... if I take it with me.
Mainly run my 11s and 9s.
I found that there wasn't a lot to gain with the bigger coil and it is off balance and adds weight.
I would stick with the 11"
and like signal line said that's my 2 cents.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the 13x11 brings much to the table except increased nose heaviness and a tad additional coverage. No real depth advantage vs. the 11-inch coil since it's width is also only 11". I would stick with the 11". If you are looking for an excellent large field coverage detector as a compliment to Deus, I would SERIOUSLY consider the Equinox versus the Anfibio, better bang for your buck, A LOT lighter vs. Anfibio, and a great 15x13 accessory coil option. I love my Deus AND my Equinox and they compliment each other well. FWIW.

Here is someone's opinion who has both Equinox and Anfibio: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/equinox/605575-equinox-800-vs-anfibio-multi-live-digs.html

Last edited:

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think the 13x11 brings much to the table except increased nose heaviness and a tad additional coverage. No real depth advantage vs. the 11-inch coil since it's width is also only 11". I would stick with the 11". If you are looking for an excellent large field coverage detector as a compliment to Deus, I would SERIOUSLY consider the Equinox versus the Anfibio, better bang for your buck, A LOT lighter vs. Anfibio, and a great 15x13 accessory coil option. I love my Deus AND my Equinox and they compliment each other well. FWIW.

Here is someone's opinion who has both Equinox and Anfibio: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/equinox/605575-equinox-800-vs-anfibio-multi-live-digs.html

I own both the Deus and the Equinox and couldn't be happier. I had the opportunity to get a 600 for a steal, but please opt for the 800 if your finances allow for it. As vferrari said, both machines compliment each other nicely.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread