Sending 9 1/2 eliptical in for repair

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coil is going back today.

Just wondering if anyone else ever had this problem.

First off, it did this with 3 batteries ( 2 new), so i am pretty sure that is not the problem.

Second, all my other coils work normally.

Problem is the 9 1/2 hf coil {1 1/2 yr old coil} battery life is now only 45 mins to a 1 1/2 hours. During that time the detector works fine. Been going on for a few months.

Oddly, when I get down to 1 battery bar or the flashing coil signal, I can turn off the control unit and the headphones then turn them back on and the battery gauge may jump up a tick or two and I get another 20-30 minutes of hunting.

It's going back for repair/replacement today, but just wondering if anyone else had this issue?
thanks

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting maybe the micro controller for the charging system, I have had mine since first released and have zero issues and use it almost daily. Sucks to hear but good it can be fixed or warrantied.

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have that particular problem with my elliptical but the charge light never turns off when i'm charging it even if I leave it on charge all night. Then when I turn it on it might show one or two bars and then sometimes shows full charge.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have that particular problem with my elliptical but the charge light never turns off when i'm charging it even if I leave it on charge all night. Then when I turn it on it might show one or two bars and then sometimes shows full charge.

That sounds like a software issue, if you remember on the LF coils when they first came out sometimes the coil battery would read not full after a full night on charge. Reloading the Firmware would fix the issue. I really think it all goes back to how XP handles the charging and maybe it has a SOC type set up?

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got the e mail today. They are replacing the coil and it was mailed today.

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That sounds like a software issue, if you remember on the LF coils when they first came out sometimes the coil battery would read not full after a full night on charge. Reloading the Firmware would fix the issue. I really think it all goes back to how XP handles the charging and maybe it has a SOC type set up?

So you think I should reload V 5.2 again and see if it helps? I thought that when updating versions they don't affect the HF coils. Thanks. I may give it a try.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I had a similar problem with the batteries in my headphones. Moe replaced them for me, but told me to not charge for more than 3 hours. Like you, I was charging overnight. Apparently the Deus doesn't have a cutoff that stops charging when fully charged. I picked up an inexpensive timer outlet and can set it for 2 or 4 hours.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread