Deus ground balance

Ghost-uk

Greenie
Jul 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But arnt you just tracking the deus circuits to balance alongside the soil noise ? What’s the advantage of that my friend ?

Try the test , I’m sure you will see that gb left alone makes the deus more stable .

Not disagreeing with you , it’s all about opinions .
It’s good to talk with someone who just dosnt swing and wants to learn as much as possible about a machine :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But arnt you just tracking the deus circuits to balance alongside the soil noise ? What’s the advantage of that my friend ?

Try the test , I’m sure you will see that gb left alone makes the deus more stable .

Not disagreeing with you , it’s all about opinions .
It’s good to talk with someone who just dosnt swing and wants to learn as much as possible about a machine :icon_thumleft:

Appreciate your point of view. It is perfectly valid in the UK.

However, have you ever had to deal with mineralization levels that vary from full scale on the bargraph back to 1/4 scale in the distance of less than 20 meters? If not then I can understand why you do not understand the benefit of tracking gb to the significant variations in ground phase as a result of those changes in mineralization. That is what it is like to hunt in the farm fields of north central Virginia and in many other hot ground areas in the US. If I wanted to maintain balance under those conditions, I would be spending all my time pumping or adjusting rather than swinging. And yes, the impact is chatter and instability if I choose to do nothing about it and stick with the default. I am already losing a lot of depth under those conditions solely due to the mineralization itself, no need to compound the issue by not keeping balance within +/- 3 of the ground phase and I say again, there is no drawback to tracking under those conditions. Tracking does not react so swiftly that you will lose your target signal by repeatedly swinging over as was the case with the earlier pre version 4.2 deus software (where they introduced the ground sensitivity adjustment). HTH.

Ghost-uk

Greenie
Jul 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic answer, explained perfectly
I now understand what some of you guys have to go through .
:icon_thumleft:

Fly over here, my fields are free and I'll even put you up for a week, 12 hours a day detecting this time of year .

Sod it, you can all come over, sleep in the garden hahaha

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic answer, explained perfectly
I now understand what some of you guys have to go through .
:icon_thumleft:

Fly over here, my fields are free and I'll even put you up for a week, 12 hours a day detecting this time of year .

Sod it, you can all come over, sleep in the garden hahaha

Man, I would take you up on that in a heartbeat if I could. It is on my list to get over your way some day and hunt for history in ideal conditions. Thanks for the invite.

Ghost-uk

Greenie
Jul 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just out of interest, how much would the cheapest possible return flight be from America?

I remember a group of American lads coming over here on an organised trip a few years ago, I think they were charged something mad like $2000 a man not including flights for a week !
To detect on coil planted seeded fields ... terrible con .

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't looked into it lately, but it is something around 1.5 to 2K. I personally know 2 or 3 US organizers of annual UK trips and know that they thoroughly background check their hosts and have settled on folks they can trust with their clients - in fact they accompany them over.

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIGHSTRUNG I believe you live in the low country of SC? Actually near me in Savannah. Our dirt is mild unless you get on a weird site, GB is around 88. I run mine at 87. Best thing to do is bury a nickel and a dime at 7”. Play with each setting to see which setting sounds best on both the nickel and dime. You won’t be missing anything with the HF coils.

Ghost-uk

Greenie
Jul 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s great when you guys come over and find nice things , but it shouldn’t be costing yous anything but travel and board expenses.
We detectorists the world over are a great friendly bunch I’ve found , but the organisers arnt true detectorists they are in it for financial gain....and that’s wrong in my eyes .
Here, some are charging ÂŁ20 a day to dig on a field !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread