On the fence about a Deus?

Indy durtdigger

Mar 20, 2019
East Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Equinox 600, XP DEUS with 9, 11x13, and HF coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stop procrastinating and buy one. The top (right side since the pic is lopsided) is all from a park that I have hunted for I think 7 years now and all of it has come out of places I quit hitting because the finds stopped coming out of the ground. The left side as it would be are all off my property. The crusty IH, lead bale seal, and some items not in the pic came out of my front yard. The rest of the items came out of a virgin home site I discovered in my woods that no one realized was a homestead dating to the earliest days of state, OH BOY am I excited to pound that to death and back again. This isn't even everything I have found in the 6 weeks I have had this machine, I am dumbstruck and a little upset I didn't buy one sooner! HH deusrocks.jpg

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what high recovery speed in thick iron and good tone ID can bring to the table. Congrats.

OP
OP
Indy durtdigger

Indy durtdigger

Mar 20, 2019
East Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I almost exclusively hunt the trashiest of the trashy areas I can find. For the most part the easy picking parts of the parks I have access too have been hit so hard they are vast stretches of nothing, to the point that emi is sometimes the only thing to listen too. That silver quarter and the near mint looking 42 war nickel next too it both came out of holes that were elbow deep. That 11X13 X35 coil is no joke with the right program, settings, and enough rain to have the ground saturated for that little extra umph.

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome job, the right set up is everything and the deus is capable if we are smart enough

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Well I would say you've got a handle on your Deus!!
Congrats on the purchase and the finds.

​Welcome to the madness and to Treasurenet

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm no Deus expert but I do own one and have used it exclusively since purchasing it. I also own a Equinox 800 and in my experience the ergonomics of the Deus is world class. It is a pleasure to swing and has found me some awesome relics. I've hunted all day with the Deus and had no arm fatigue afterwards. The Nox is a little heavy but a great machine as well. I couldn't be happier that I purchased my XP and as said above if you are on the fence just go ahead and do it!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Deus is also made properly and is sturdy and makes a good walking stick for us old toads!

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
So good to read about the “elbow deep” finds. Would love to see one documented on video. The vast majority of the videoed deep targets are at the deepest pinpointer deep.. about 7-9 inches it would seem.
Ready to see some deep digs to verify!

g

OP
OP
Indy durtdigger

Indy durtdigger

Mar 20, 2019
East Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So good to read about the “elbow deep” finds. Would love to see one documented on video. The vast majority of the videoed deep targets are at the deepest pinpointer deep.. about 7-9 inches it would seem.
Ready to see some deep digs to verify!

g[/QUOTE

Never tried a video. If I get another one in the next several days while this is fresh in my memory I may just give it a try. One thing that helped me with the deep stuff was making a test garden with 8, 10, and 12 inch deep dimes and quarters in some pretty unfriendly dirt by the standards of my area. The control unit info is moot at the 10 and 12 depths, requires digging strictly by sound. Here are couple of finds out of my front yard with Gary's sifter program. I cannot begin to convey just how trashy the area is between 2 blacksmiths owning the place through most of the 1800's and all the farm junk from pulling broken machinery under the only available shade to work on so any finds are hard to come by. That big flat button was a fancy one and still has gold wash on it, the smaller one has a TREBLE GILT Bright Orange back mark.
coolbuttons.jpg

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What surprises me with the Deus is the SMALL brass objects at 9-12". And the pinpointing on the machine is dead on!

OP
OP
Indy durtdigger

Indy durtdigger

Mar 20, 2019
East Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What surprises me with the Deus is the SMALL brass objects at 9-12". And the pinpointing on the machine is dead on!

Yeah, thought I was digging another deep silver. This little bugger was the full length of my Predator Raptor digging tool for depth, I think that's right around 9 or 10 inches. It came out of the ground as a green ball so I kept it too see what it was.

rivt.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread