Trying to learn the GOLD FIELD program - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Trying to learn the GOLD FIELD program

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2019
    East Central Indiana
    Garrett AT MAX and AT GOLD, Fisher F75 Ltd, Delta 4000, Minelab CTX3030 and Equinox 600, XP DEUS with 9 and 11x13 coils.
    58 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    You need to be using low operating frequencies for the high conductors, if that is not what you are using, then you will be disappointed. If your ground has mineralization, IAR will tend to make even non-ferrous target signals break up, so I would go light on that and just depend on the visual target ID. Once you have the optimal frequency dialed in (4 or 8 khz, whichever one you can get to run stable) for your high conductive targets, experiment with reactivity to see which setting provides the optimal signal. In gold field, this is something that is very hit or miss, and you really need to experiment with it.
    Ahh, it is probably the IAR. Everything I have watched or read on this so far has recommended a high setting on that to silence any surface iron and the spot this test garden is in is about the hottest ground I see anywhere in my area. I will try a lower IAR the next I'm out there, I didn't think that through very well given there is not a single bit of iron in that test garden.
    signal_line likes this.

us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    965 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Andy Sabisch programs says run IAR at "0". You need to keep an eye on the ID numbers anyway.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

L-rods are obsolete.

May you never take one single breath for granted.

us
    Mar 2019
    East Central Indiana
    Garrett AT MAX and AT GOLD, Fisher F75 Ltd, Delta 4000, Minelab CTX3030 and Equinox 600, XP DEUS with 9 and 11x13 coils.
    58 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by signal_line View Post
    Andy Sabisch programs says run IAR at "0". You need to keep an eye on the ID numbers anyway.
    Thanks for that info. I tried to order the new book a while ago but all the places I checked were waiting on another batch of em and I keep forgetting to get one coming now.
    signal_line likes this.

Apr 2017
    MINNESOTA
    XP DEUS, AT PRO
    867 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Isn't the gold field program specifically for gold prospecting and nugget searching? I wouldn't imagine that program to be a park program. Might be wrong but that's what I've assumed.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    6625 times
    I've used GF for everything BUT gold prospecting. It is a great relic program for mineralized soil and can be used for beach hunting, and coin shooting, basically anything. If you need iron discrimination, probably not your best choice...but otherwise it is a deep program and can locate some tiny targets. Just pick the right frequency for your target of interest (low frequencies for silver, higher frequencies for gold, small targets, and mid conductive relics) set reactivity consistent with trash density and swing away.

Kind of a repeat of a previous post I made earlier in the thread, but I maybe you missed it when you went through the thread...
    Last edited by vferrari; May 15, 2019 at 09:11 PM.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links