Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Trying to learn the GOLD FIELD program

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    775 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Trying to learn the GOLD FIELD program

Definitely overwhelming where there is a lot of trash. Most hits do not give any VDI number. Dig forever and find iron trash. I have a long ways to go on this task. But I'm starting to like it on identifying aluminum can slaw and foil. i can usually hear a broken signal. So I think I am making some progress. One of these days I might get lucky. Thought I had a ring today, but it was another fake (left one in photo). I lost count of how many fake rings I've found. Here are a couple. They always look good when they are in the ground. LOL Did find a couple medals today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fakes.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	1710389Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medals.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	1710392
    Last edited by signal_line; May 07, 2019 at 09:24 PM.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

L-rods are obsolete.

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    23969 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Cool finds youll get it down takes alot of time for sure
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    11378 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    they can looks so good! then you see the plating has come off or worse. but still cool and they do get the heart rate up a little bit
    signal_line likes this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    775 times
    I think i am making some progress with the GOLD FIELD program. Been listening for the Zip-Zip targets. Aluminum is mostly a longer sound, but some small folded over pieces get me. And it goes deeeeeep. Tired of digging. Really wish I could use a shovel.

Nothing marked here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nothing marked.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	1710978
    Last edited by signal_line; May 09, 2019 at 08:13 PM.
    DixieDigger67 and dirtlooter like this.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.

L-rods are obsolete.

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    5110 times
    Gold rings..28..Misc/gold 4...Silver/Sterling 91..FTY
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    That's some real nice treasure! Your finding those has to be gold in there some where.

I've dug a lot of gold rings in the last 5 years, I swear I've yet to "call it" before digging one..That's a gold ring.

Only once have I been correct on gold, it was a gold grill...and it was right on top of the sand, in waist deep water.

I'm getting where I just go have fun and if they happen, it's a nice surprise.

Good Luck!
    signal_line likes this.

Effort is Important, But knowing where, can make all the difference!

us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    775 times
    Yeah, I keep telling myself on every nickel and thick foil "If that had been gold I would have got it." It's gonna happen soon.
    Last edited by signal_line; May 09, 2019 at 09:17 PM.
    OBN likes this.

L-rods are obsolete.

us
    Mar 2019
    East Central Indiana
    Garrett AT MAX and AT GOLD, Fisher F75 Ltd, Delta 4000, Minelab CTX3030 and Equinox 600, XP DEUS with 9 and 11x13 coils.
    21 times
    Metal Detecting
    What settings have you been using with this program. I was fiddling around with it in my test garden and not having any luck with it both using settings available from other more experienced users and my own tinkering.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    6079 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy durtdigger View Post
    What settings have you been using with this program. I was fiddling around with it in my test garden and not having any luck with it both using settings available from other more experienced users and my own tinkering.
    Frequency and reactivity setting are the most important settings in Gold Field and the answer to optimize those settings depends on the type/size of target you are trying to hit, its depth, and the soil type. Obviously, gold field is set up to find small nuggets in mineralized ground, but that is not the only use for it. If you can give me some idea of what you are trying to hit in your test garden ("not having any luck" is pretty vague), the settings you have used, I can perhaps help you tweak those settings somewhat optimally for your test targets.
    signal_line likes this.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    775 times
    I'm not real experienced about the settings. I lower the Sensitivity to 90, sometimes run the Audio Response at 3, IAR at 3, others at preset and Ground Balance manual with the Pinpoint button. Definitely want low trash area to learn in. I use it for a while until I get tired then switch to another program. I try to use a fairly fast sweep speed so the tight Zip-Zip sound is more pronounced. I avoid targets with no ID numbers and the warbly, wavering, or broken ones. They just say to me "I don't think so." Weak signals I recheck with a coin program to see if I can get anything. If I don't then I don't dig most times. I find it's not as easy to pinpoint so I switch to another program and use the Pinpoint button to decide if i want to dig or not. A long, wide signal, usually pass it up.
    Last edited by signal_line; May 12, 2019 at 10:42 AM.

L-rods are obsolete.

us
    Mar 2019
    East Central Indiana
    Garrett AT MAX and AT GOLD, Fisher F75 Ltd, Delta 4000, Minelab CTX3030 and Equinox 600, XP DEUS with 9 and 11x13 coils.
    21 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    Frequency and reactivity setting are the most important settings in Gold Field and the answer to optimize those settings depends on the type/size of target you are trying to hit, its depth, and the soil type. Obviously, gold field is set up to find small nuggets in mineralized ground, but that is not the only use for it. If you can give me some idea of what you are trying to hit in your test garden ("not having any luck" is pretty vague), the settings you have used, I can perhaps help you tweak those settings somewhat optimally for your test targets.
    Silver quarters and dimes are the targets I have been tinkering with. I have tried the IAR at 3 and 5, used all the available frequencies and TX settings, performed the recommended ground balance with this program and used both tracking and lowering the base by a couple points. My deep test garden Is over 300 yards from the nearest power source and over a hundred yards from the nearest building, EMI is nonexistent so I can crank this thing to it's limits. It will hit my 12 inch silver quarter but the signal sounds poor enough I wouldn't dig it (by poor I mean is sounds like deep iron). However the deep program with some target appropriate tweaks hits it good and clear without having to max out the settings. I am sure there is something I missed in the settings I have messed with but the detector is in my truck, it's pouring outside and the wife won't go get it for me .

us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    775 times
    Some say don't use any IAR. I keep Tx at 2 otherwise can't hear targets as well. I don't like the way GF pinpoints but it hits deep target the other programs can't even hear. At least in my soil.

L-rods are obsolete.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2005
    Coastal Georgia
    XP Deus, XP ORX, Equinox 800, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
    151 times
    If you are not hunting small gold nuggets in mineralized ground then the Gold Field
    program is without a doubt the least useful program of the bunch.
    The Basic program is recommended for beginners and would be by far the best program
    for your coin/jewelry hunting.

g

us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    775 times
    Yeah, it takes a while to grow on you. I try to spend about an hour with it each time out, probably ten hours so far. It will handle moderate trash, but much more will blow your ears off. I'm getting to where I feel like I am missing something if I am not using it. I watched the DPR600 video and winged it from there. Pretty much the same program as GF.

L-rods are obsolete.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    6079 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoW View Post
    If you are not hunting small gold nuggets in mineralized ground then the Gold Field
    program is without a doubt the least useful program of the bunch.
    The Basic program is recommended for beginners and would be by far the best program
    for your coin/jewelry hunting.

g
    Well I have to disagree with this statement in general because I have used it a lot successfully and not for prospecting. Nevertheless, I agree it is not something you really want to start out with when learning the Deus.
    signal_line likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    6079 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy durtdigger View Post
    Silver quarters and dimes are the targets I have been tinkering with. I have tried the IAR at 3 and 5, used all the available frequencies and TX settings, performed the recommended ground balance with this program and used both tracking and lowering the base by a couple points. My deep test garden Is over 300 yards from the nearest power source and over a hundred yards from the nearest building, EMI is nonexistent so I can crank this thing to it's limits. It will hit my 12 inch silver quarter but the signal sounds poor enough I wouldn't dig it (by poor I mean is sounds like deep iron). However the deep program with some target appropriate tweaks hits it good and clear without having to max out the settings. I am sure there is something I missed in the settings I have messed with but the detector is in my truck, it's pouring outside and the wife won't go get it for me .
    You need to be using low operating frequencies for the high conductors, if that is not what you are using, then you will be disappointed. If your ground has mineralization, IAR will tend to make even non-ferrous target signals break up, so I would go light on that and just depend on the visual target ID. Once you have the optimal frequency dialed in (4 or 8 khz, whichever one you can get to run stable) for your high conductive targets, experiment with reactivity to see which setting provides the optimal signal. In gold field, this is something that is very hit or miss, and you really need to experiment with it.
    signal_line likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links