Little home site and the Deus have been good to me

Indy durtdigger

Mar 20, 2019
East Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Equinox 600, XP DEUS with 9, 11x13, and HF coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this in the property records earlier this year and have some photos up in another thread from my scouting efforts to find it. Having mostly park hunted for coins all these years some of these finds have taken me aback and honestly made me a lil giddy. claypipe.jpg coolbuttons.jpg relics.jpg infantrybutton.jpg

OP
OP
Indy durtdigger

Indy durtdigger

Mar 20, 2019
East Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Missed this one earlier. The Navy button is bit of a surprise.
navybutton.jpg

OP
OP
Indy durtdigger

Indy durtdigger

Mar 20, 2019
East Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. Which coil and frequency were you using?

Been using the 9 inch x35 and tinkering around with both Calabash Digger and CTTODD relic programs. Calabash recommends the max freq 23Khz in thick iron which this place has and CTTODD says to set his to the site. The home site is right along the road side, heavily littered with iron from both the structures and more than one long since forgotten about fences, and directly under power, phone, and cable lines. The calabash program is much much smoother running at this site.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
WOW!!
That is a killer site.
Hunt it slow there's a lot more to be found.
Congrats

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice, congrats Indy!!! "D"

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds!:icon_thumright: About all I do is coin shooting. I keep thinking about giving it a try,but I always end up coin shooting again! What can I say (I love silver) LOL! Congrats!

OP
OP
Indy durtdigger

Indy durtdigger

Mar 20, 2019
East Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds!:icon_thumright: About all I do is coin shooting. I keep thinking about giving it a try,but I always end up coin shooting again! What can I say (I love silver) LOL! Congrats!

I am enjoying the relic hunting. This site is untouched with almost no modern trash so almost every repeatable signal is something and the three military buttons have taught me to get excited about signals that would normally be can slaw. It dries up a bit I have another site to scout on the farm. I was mushroom hunting in a section of woods that in my youth was overgrown with briers and hawthorn trees that is now mostly just thick brush. To my surprise there is another foundation at the bottom of the hill behind my house. My dad remembered the foundation from his childhood in the 50's but didn't know what it was. We scoured photos with a magnifying glass from the 1930's when the family first started farming this land and were surprised to find that there was a second full set of barns and buildings down there virtually. This place was being run as a tenant farm till my family bought it and the discovery of a second set of 1800's era barns that most likely had another house with them is promising.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
a clean site can really spoil you but everyone needs a really good challenge now and then

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Indy durtdigger

Indy durtdigger

Mar 20, 2019
East Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats!

It was your personal recommendation in a PM that led me to the decision on buying this machine and I am one happy camper so THANK YOU. I am seriously thinking about parting with my other machines and picking up an ORX as a back up machine as the coils and control units share interchangeable commonality between them.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratz on the hoosier finds!!!! I'm with you on getting the DEUS from watching and listening to Calabash's videos. That's the BEST part of relic hunting, NEVER knowing what the next beep is gonna be. Looks like we're not all that far away from each other, maybe we'll bump into one another in the future.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the coins and relics! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Indy durtdigger

Indy durtdigger

Mar 20, 2019
East Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First time out in several weeks. Had a Bakers cyst in my bad knee that curtailed my activities for a good while this summer. Finally got the Deus back out and hit up the old home site again. Only found 2 keepers but one of em is probably the coolest thing I've dug since I started mixing in relic hunting. At first I thought the coin was an Indian cent till I got to thinking about it and wondered why this one had a ring of stars on it. Carefully tooth picked the old gal enough to get some details off of it and was pleasantly surprised. The darn thing is a Civil War token minted in 1863 for a Dr. in Cadiz Indiana that was apparently also a Mason.
This hunt I was fiddling around with CTTodds relic program with the frequency maxed out on the x35 coil and recovery speed bumped up to 3. It took a while to get to where I could pick out good signals with how much iron there is on this site but once I got to that point stuff literally started jumping out of the ground. Might only have gotten 2 keepers but dug well over a dozen no ferrous targets at a spot that your doing good to sniff out a 2 or 3 in several hours of detecting. civil war token.jpg civil war token 2.jpg

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Indy
You are really getting the hang of it.
Hitting great sites and going slow.
Awesome finds all around.
One suggestion is to post a new thread for you finds instead of tacking them onto your old ones.
Some may skip over old threads because they already read them and not see your New fantastic finds.
Congrats on all of those great finds.
Keep it up and show us more.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's DEF a KICKA$$ find!!!!!!! CONGRATZ.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread