XP Deus Pinpoint mode

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I make posts to remind myself. LOL Didn't do much detecting this Summer and my brain is old. This Spring i was using the Pinpoint All Metal mode to check targets. Once you go into the AM mode the machine will remember and take you there every time. Good idea to turn down the Pinpoint sensitivity because full blast is hard to get clear target info to compare aluminum with a good target. I'm guessing very few people use this valuable tool because I never hear it mentioned. You might want to give it a try. One of the main things I've noticed is aluminum gives a screaming signal. Practice on some test items. No doubt this can save you some digging and also increase deep good target finds in the process--more time spent digging potentially good targets. The main pinpoint program does not give as much target audio info. Hit the mode button until you get to the AM.

I'm not trying to criticize anyone, but one book seems to discourage using the pinpoint mode. I disagree. What I like to say is they put the controls there to use. Strange as it sounds, i don't really use it for pinpointing. Like everything, dig anyway until you know what it is saying to you.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My elliptical coil is so dead on I rarely need to pinpoint.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread