Another three ring circus day with gold!!!

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah! Was using GMP program and hit the silver dime, then the big silver ring (925), then the gold (10K) then the small silver ring (925). Somewhere in there i switched over the DEEP and was digging everything. Al in a 20' x 20' area three hours.

DEEP forget about reading ANY target numbers. I kinda wished I had stuck with the GMP but next time...

another three ring day.jpg

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Deep or GMP... what ever you're doing it's working.
Congrats on a fantastic outing...

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope to get a few more days like this! Had a lot of one-way hits and almost every one was non-ferrous. The DEEP program is like a totally different detector. I think it works best if there is low trash levels. Or else plan on a lot of digging. Well, plan on that anyway. Really makes the area come alive with targets.

GMP gives a lot better target ID, but lots of small stuff.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried running Reactivity at "1" but soon found out I was missing some targets. Obviously not a virgin site. Many of the remaining targets were next to trash or on edge. I cross-checked a couple targets with another jewelry program I had been running and they were almost completely filtered out. When i found the silver dime that was my clue to hit the area hard. I'm learning. Found some junk jewelry, too.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
well done Sir

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Danged!!! Already have 7 detectors, and you're luring me into my eighth....

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW, that 10k gold ring rang up at 65 @18KHz.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when i checked it again the numbers were bouncing around a bit. I guess that's the 10K alloy. But when i checked it with the bottle cap check, it was a nice solid XY line--no screwball like the pull tabs.

So my advice is if you are unsure about a target in that range, better check it out with the XY graph. Don't assume it's aluminum if it's a little bit bouncy numbers.

Skiron

Aug 18, 2019
Greece
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah! Was using GMP program and hit the silver dime, then the big silver ring (925), then the gold (10K) then the small silver ring (925). Somewhere in there i switched over the DEEP and was digging everything. Al in a 20' x 20' area three hours.

DEEP forget about reading ANY target numbers. I kinda wished I had stuck with the GMP but next time...

View attachment 1755128

Signal Line congrats on the finds...your progress is incredible!!!

I noticed that you mentioned the use of Deus program 2 "gm power"...since I'm really new to the Deus and desperate to settle the macine down a little with a smooth and less noisy operation in order to be able to hunt effectivelly my first "critical" hunts, whats your experience on the gmp program? some pros/cons regarding depth and seperation?

I also used No6-"Deep" (@28khz and @8khz also, with GB tracking) a lot at my first hunts, but it is so much falsing all over the place and cannot focus on the good signals between the chatter...I used No2 GMP instead and it ran really smooth and found some interesting finds (old coins & a button), and I believe it helped me focus only on the "clear - real" signals and investigate those, instead of unlimited digging chatery and falsing iron tones with the inevitable frustration......since my ears are not yet trained to use a difficult chattery program like deep, whould you use GMPower as your general jewelry and coins program? eg @28khz (since @8khz unmasking will be even less)?

I will continue using p6 Deep at dry beaches where iron isn't much of a problem in order to be a little deeper up to the hard pach under the pebbles, but for inland hunting where I have a lot of iron falsing, I'm seriously thinking to stay with GMP. instead....some UK detectorists swear by GMPower program of Deus, but in Treasurenet I don't even read posts suggesting it...mainly due to silencer @2 I believe..

Ok, GMP uses reactivity of 2 which is ok for me, but also uses silencer @2 in order to help with iron falsing. I know that the main downside of silencer at 2, is less capability in unmasking heavy iron masked targets, but I set it to the highest frequency of 28khz (x35 11'' coil) in order to gain some extra seperation abilities,

Thanks!

Last edited:

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread