Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The first one has to do with the backphone headphones and the second one has to do with the XP Full Rod Assembly.
I’m not a big fan of the backphone style headphones as I find them uncomfortable. I tried my pair of Deteknix Wire Free Pro HP for the Deus WS4 puck (now named the Quest HD Compatible Wireless Headphones for the XP Deus WS4 Module) and the ORX WS Audio puck slid right in and works just like the Deus WS4 module.
So you can have a killer, comfortable full size, over the ear, pair of HP for the ORX if you prefer.
The second option is the XP Deus Rod Assembly. The Rod Assembly normally sells for $264.00.
The Rod Assembly is now selling for $149.00 so putting together an extra XP Detector is less costly than it was.
I have several XP coils on hand (LF’s, both HF Coils and the x35 that came with my ORX) so ordering the full Rod Assembly was an easy decision.
If you already have the extras to put together another Deus or just want to do a little upgrade on the ORX then these two options may be just the ticket. Good luck!

Last edited:

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the ORX and have not seen a Deus up close so I can’t comment on whether or not the deus rod Assy is better than the “ cheesy” ORX rod Assy. For those that don’t like the
WS Audio back phones the Deteknix ones sound good. I like the WS since I attached them to my XP hat with zip ties. I’m quite pleased overall with the ORX. I did replace the plastic of the remote rain cover with thinner sheet plastic cause the other was so thick it was hard to press the remote buttons.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think so highly of the ORX I have no problem
adding value to it like RustyGolds, I myself
have purchased all the coils except the 11”x13” (4 coils). Just got the XP backpack
which is excellent but needed a few modifications.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
I already have the Deteknix headphones, But The extra rod sounds interesting.... I'll have to look into it.

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The advantage of the ORX rod assembly is that it is lighter than the Deus rod assembly. It may not be as tough, but I didn't use it as a crutch to get up from a dig, and the lighter, the better, for me...

gwcracker

Aug 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the ORX and have not seen a Deus up close so I can’t comment on whether or not the deus rod Assy is better than the “ cheesy” ORX rod Assy. For those that don’t like the
WS Audio back phones the Deteknix ones sound good. I like the WS since I attached them to my XP hat with zip ties. I’m quite pleased overall with the ORX. I did replace the plastic of the remote rain cover with thinner sheet plastic cause the other was so thick it was hard to press the remote buttons.

What did you find “cheesy” about the ORX rod assembly? I see it as a light weight alternative to the Deus assy but by no means cheesy.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you found some headphones you like. As for me, i just love the backphones, wireless WS4 or wired FX-02. Great sound quality, lightweight, and the backphone headband is a Godsend for people like me with fair skin so i can wear a broad-rimmed hat. They are plenty comfortable for me, too. Just need to put them on right. I don't care for those headgripper types after a few hours feels like my head has been in a vise. Oh yeah, they are cool, too.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What did you find “cheesy” about the ORX rod assembly? I see it as a light weight alternative to the Deus assy but by no means cheesy.

I think the ORX rod assembly is excellent considering how feather light it is. It’s somebody else who posted the “cheesy”description.
I haven’t found a single thing about the ORX that I don’t like. Don’t confuse lightness with flimsiness or build quality.
The ORX is sturdy and well built. I had an Equinox 800 and used the wm08 module and lightweight headphones, and the sound would cut out fairly regularly which is annoying. The WS Audio of the Orx NEVER cuts out. They did feel like they would fall off so I just zip-tied them to my XP cap and
it works so well I recommend it to everyone.
XP did a good job designing the ORX. Of all the detectors I’ve ever had, this one i consider the perfect detector.

OP
OP
RustyGold

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It was me that called the lighter assembly rod cheesy. Thanks for not ratting me out relic!:laughing7:
Since having it for a week I've changed my mind on it's cheesiness. It's just a different design. A great detector all in all.

OP
OP
RustyGold

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I wouldn't think that 2.5 oz. would make much of a difference but apparently it does.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not much to desire really in therms of upgrade modifications. I did attach a D -hook with zip ties to the handle base so I can attach a tether from my tool/finds belt. You sure don’t need a tether for taking weight off, but good when you need your hands for other things or if your near a hill so the detector doesn’t roll away on you.
Also, I added simple plastic extension legs since the ones on the ORX are very short. These fold in so it fits the same in my backpack. I’ve seen other examples of leg extensions and most are overkill. Mine work great and don’t add any weight. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1571606316.751471.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1571606340.899376.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1571606354.368311.jpg

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much to desire really in therms of upgrade modifications. I did attach a D -hook with zip ties to the handle base so I can attach a tether from my tool/finds belt. You sure don’t need a tether for taking weight off, but good when you need your hands for other things or if your near a hill so the detector doesn’t roll away on you.
Also, I added simple plastic extension legs since the ones on the ORX are very short. These fold in so it fits the same in my backpack. I’ve seen other examples of leg extensions and most are overkill. Mine work great and don’t add any weight. View attachment 1763697 View attachment 1763698 View attachment 1763699

That's an idea for a stand, mine falls over all the time, I have already scratched the screen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread