Which coil and why?

Coin-Digger

Sep 18, 2019
Alabama
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/ Whites MX-Sport/ Minelab X-Terra 505/ Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, I’m about to either buy a Deus or ORX. I just want to know which coil you use and why. I’m leaning toward the Deus because of the customization of programs. But, I more interested in some feedback as in which coil you think is best and why. In other words I’m looking for the best coil to buy first! LOL! I’m sure I will have a second coil later on shortly.

I’m in some really trashy sites with mild to moderate soil. I coin hunt first and relic hunt second.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on who you ask. The 9" X35 is probably the best all-around. For highest trash probably the 9.5" elliptical.

OP
OP
Coin-Digger

Coin-Digger

Sep 18, 2019
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Signal, that’s what I’ve been thinking. Just getting reassurance!

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 9" X35 is no slouch in trash. I pick up bunches of coins in worked out, trashy areas. I've even heard the 11" X35 does good at separation. Being able to adjust Reactivity can open up just about any area. i rarely go over "3". Come to think of it, don't think I've ever used "5" (9" X35 coil).

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never got the X35. I exclusively run the HF elliptical coil. That 74hkz has worked very well for me. And it's a frequency no other machine can match (at least not that I'm aware of) Lots of places have been pounded with the 4khz to 17 khz machines for years now, so maybe its the HF that still lets me get good stuff at depth.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When im coin shooting at a "not so old" site with modern trash...(1930's to 60's), the 9" LF coil is my go to.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When im coin shooting at a "not so old" site with modern trash...(1930's to 60's), the 9" LF coil is my go to.
For me the same. I also have the X35 coil but for normal coin shooting i use the standard 9 LF coil.

melerein

Nov 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Transformers basically are wound with Super Enameled Copper Wire. On these wires the insulation on them is not directly visible to the user other than common wiring wire who has its specifications printed on them walmartone.

Super Enameled Copper Wire doesn't have any markings printed on them rather they come with a SWG/AWG identification chart where appropriate size wires are used for various current handling requirements.

I hope this helps:)

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Helps with what?

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Funny you mention this. I’m about to buy one as well and I had the same question on coil selection. Going with Deus. Like to tweak.

OP
OP
Coin-Digger

Coin-Digger

Sep 18, 2019
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny you mention this. I’m about to buy one as well and I had the same question on coil selection. Going with Deus. Like to tweak.

Same and I’ve decided on the 9” x35

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good choice.

OP
OP
Coin-Digger

Coin-Digger

Sep 18, 2019
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent choice, you'll love it!

Oh I’m absolutely impressed by the Deus and the 9” x-35 coil combination. Found some stuff I’ve passed up a many of times! Unbelievable!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread