Over the moon new Deus owner................

OP
OP
Donnie B from VA

Donnie B from VA

Apr 2, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II / XP Deus I
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wait until you noobs see what the x/y screen is all about.. the Deus is my favorite detector. Good luck guys!

I tried the X/Y screen this past weekend and I am going back to the Horseshoe. I'm a relic hunter. It locks up great on coins but calls everything else iron. I don't want to miss any relics by looking at the screen. It works better for me to go by the tones.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the cover you got on the control worth getting?

Nice finds Donnie.

Only problem I found with that silicon cover is that over just a few weeks time, dirt and grit on your gloves will really scratch it up to the point that the cover takes on a hazy/foggy look such that the screen underneath it is basically unreadable. A better bet is one of those fabric sleeves with a plastuc window in front that seem to hold up to the abuse better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Donnie B from VA

Donnie B from VA

Apr 2, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II / XP Deus I
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds Donnie.

Only problem I found with that silicon cover is that over just a few weeks time, dirt and grit on your gloves will really scratch it up to the point that the cover takes on a hazy/foggy look such that the screen underneath it is basically unreadable. A better bet is one of those fabric sleeves with a plastuc window in front that seem to hold up to the abuse better.

I haven't had that problem. I don't clean my screen with my gloves. I usually just wet a finger and wipe it off after taking my glove off. It is very hard to see through the silicon cover without the backlight turned on so I just leave it lit up all day. I read in the manual that it doesn't hurt the battery life to leave it on. I may get one of the fabric ones at some point because of that issue though.

Indy durtdigger

Mar 20, 2019
East Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Equinox 600, XP DEUS with 9, 11x13, and HF coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Donny B, a certified New England cellar hole hunter like yourself should use the arm band controller holder. It will make your life a lot easier. You'll never have to worry about the controller popping of the stem when hiking through the brush, or dropping it into a stream. Also with the arm band , you can basically just toss the Deus to the ground and not worry about breaking anything. You will be amazed at how you will like doing that. :laughing7: Get a good signal, toss Deus to the side, dig target, pick up Deus and move on to the next target. It's the only way to roll :icon_thumleft:

So much this. I picked up some wired earbuds with a volume control. Run them up the inside of my shirt sleeve and use a safety pin to keep em from tugging on my ears. Makes for a relatively snag free and tremendously more comfy hot weather solution.

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will love it.. I have had mine for over 5 years.. and while there are a few machines close to the performance, none are its' equal.. most especially in heavy trash

Micheal

Cyberdeus

Dec 29, 2019
Netherlands
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there, I just jumped from Garret AT PRO to Deus, and I got my new device last Saturday. I went for a run in a park nearby my place in the Netherlands and I love the Deus detector. Such a huuuuge difference from the Garret and a lot of functionality.

Very light in weight, I enjoyed the run with it very much yesterday. I love my Deus already :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread