Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video. We've come a long way when some of the better machines were made in someone's garage. That really happened.

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my deus, but all I see here are false promises. lol. Where can I get a backpack like the guy in the video is wearing?

Seriously though, sometimes I hate to be honest and I don't know what their intentions were for this video, but imo that was kind of a boring load of fluff. I think all the shots all looked great, some of the manufacturing shots were petty cool, and there was a nice feeling of excitement and mystery with dad and son in the forest, but pacing was slow and and it all felt a bit forced and discontinuous. If I wasnt an xp fan they'd have lost my attention quick. I also have lack luster feelings towards their team deus videos but thats another thing. But I guess its ok.... I mean the less people that own a Deus, the better chance us Deus owners have at finding the good stuff. :D

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Great video. Love my Deus. It will be my go to the beach machine from now on. Wet sand, dry sand doesn't matter. It's a bad a## machine.:icon_thumright:

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I liked it. Exactly the scene that was playing in my head yesterday when I was out with the Deus.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As soon as they snapped the remote on I turned it off "Newbs".

IN DA HOLE

Banned
Sep 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Vid gets me all warm and fuzzy LOL. When I first saw the video I thought it would be the harbinger of something new and fantastic but instead its a promo for a new bag ? I don't get it ? Don't get me wrong, I strongly believe that the XP Deus is one of, if not the best detectors on the market. Hopefully, something amazing is on its way out of that fancy high tech XP Factory, that would be great. We all expect nothing less from a great company.

As I said a great machine considering its many years old and a new product would be right on time about now. The ORG kind of got lost in all the hype of low-cost machines hitting the market at the same time with in the last year or so. I hope they do realize that there best market position is at the top of the market and not wasting time creating lower end competition for the likes of Minelab and Nokta. Too bad wrong timing.

Something that bothers me is when they promise features like the GO TERRAIN APP year after year and all that is heard about the software is the sound of crickets, It is so late now that I question if it will ever be released. Not a good practice to jerk your customers around there Alain, just saying!!!! upfront honesty is always the best way, As my Granny used to say "ss hit or get off the pot "

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing about computer programming--lots of stuff you can't see can go wrong.

Last edited:

IN DA HOLE

Banned
Sep 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing about computer programming--lots of stuff you can't see can go wrong.

Yes I have been programming for many years and I agree things can go terribly wrong, but this is now over 4 years of empty promises for a simple phone app. For crips, sake release a 1st generation app and then upgrade it as time passes to show customers it is something real and in the works. Like I said in the post above dont make multiple release date promises and not at least have something to show for it or people will not believe you are serious about your company products. Customers lose faith quickly hearing empty promises that's all I am saying, sorry but I never sugar coat things, just not my style :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know they just got out of one fiasco with the last app so i can see they want to be absolutely certain the thing works without problems. I also heard this app is not top priority.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its only been like four years, typical with XP.
The early years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions