Dec 29, 2019
Netherlands
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks,

I am new here so please go easy on me.

I got my new Deus today and I went with it into the park to test it out. The park was full of interference as there were a lot of wireless devices around as well probably wires under the ground, however I was wondering if the Deus coil bumps and make a beep sound, is it normal?

As I was swinging with the coil, sometimes it bumped into a branch or into a soil and at each bump, it make a high tone sound. I took the coil into the air and bumped with my hands, the same thing. My friend who owns a Deus for years, told me that sometimes it's normal, however I just wanted to make sure from experienced users if that is the case really.

It's a new Deus I am stressed a little bit and worried. I have read that apparently could be the sensitivity but it was between 70 and 80.

Did anyone here experience with the same situation of bumping coils and making beep sounds?

Cheers.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's happened to me....you can try running your GB on tracking.....try running a higer frequency.....but sometimes in certain areas with EMI nothing really helps....

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, a low ground balance can cause that. If you have watched the Skill School youtube videos Gary says if the mineralization graph only a couple of bars, just leave GB at 90 and it will cure your issue. Typically it takes something in the mid 70's to cause this so raise it a bit and it will help.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is the video. But remember the ground in the UK is much milder than most of USA. Still, watch and learn.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might be this video.

OP
OP
Cyberdeus

Cyberdeus

Dec 29, 2019
Netherlands
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys. On my next run I will check if my coil will behave like that again. I will check out the videos.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You’re gonna like It is with time. The Wet Beach program is great in the sand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread