NEw Xp backpack 280

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
It looks like a good product, but that was one heck of a cringey commercial.

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
upstate NY -- Lake George region
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus, White's DFX, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That video did have a weird vibe... "cringey" is as good a word as any to describe it! Anyway, I was just about to pre-order one when I came to my senses. I have a pack problem. I must have at least ten different backpacks and daypacks. I did some quick checking and found my Dēus and associated gear will fit perfectly into a couple of packs I already have. :rolleyes:

It sure looks like a great pack, though!

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That video did have a weird vibe... "cringey" is as good a word as any to describe it!

ALL of their videos. I just don't understand, maybe its a french thing? Their skill school videos are at least personable, but the team usa and their other product videos... I dunno, just dry and boring and awkward feeling .. yeah... cringey I guess. lol.

... I have a pack problem. I must have at least ten different backpacks and daypacks.

LoL. Relieved to hear Im not the only one.

That said, love my deus and looked for the "perfect" (for my needs at least) pack for a while. I was upset I couldnt find their previous production model anywhere, I guess it went out of production for this redesign. But what Im using now works pretty well... and I dont think I could fit all my gear in their new one? But Id really like to give it a look in real life.

Granted mine is not quite as cleverly organized but I needed room for two coils, the main stalk, ws5 headphones, back-up headphones, spare plastic coil screws, headlamp, waterproof kit, emergency field charger, mulit-tool, snack bars, etc. AND I still have room to fit my digging pouch loaded with whites digger tool, pinpointer, remote, gloves, probe, pen-light, divers digging knife... and still strap my small shovel to the outside of the pack, plus squeeze a beverage or two in somewhere. (i drink canned coffee when Im out, then I sign and date the can and bury it when Im done (amnesia runs in my family, so Im just putting down some notes;).

Most of the time the pack ends up staying in the car anyway, but if theres a hike involved its good to know I can fit about everything plus a small first aid kit in the pack comfortably, and not look like my sherpa abandoned me.

ri2020

Greenie
Jan 16, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To pricey for my taste, maybe they have some hidden gold inside it

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must have at least ten different backpacks and daypacks.

LoL. Relieved to hear Im not the only one.

In all honesty, my pack count was understated in an attempt to continue my charade of being mentally "normal." More like twenty-some-odd, and four of them are Mystery Ranch ($$$$). :laughing9: That XP pack seems like a great choice for someone looking for a metal detecting-specific pack for their XP Dēus or ORX.

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The two of them look and act like they're preparing to go on a grave-robbing expedition or are preparing to commit a horrible murder...
"I'm sorry son, but your mother has just gone too far this time. She must pay the ultimate price." :o

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Agreed....those two look a bit too earnest. :laughing7: At $150 bucks the pack is a bit pricey. But I've been using a Kelty pack I bought about 30 years ago for about $60. To replace it with a similar type and quality pack would likely be in the same ball park as the Deus pack. I like the looks of all those storage features in the new pack. Not sure it is actually big enough for my winter detecting needs though. I often leave the house dressed for the early morning 20 degree temps, but when it warms up into the 30's & 40's, I am shedding layers fast. The Deus pack didn't seem to have a large compartment that I like for stuffing my cold weather gear into.

Desmobob, you need to sell me one of your Mystery Ranch packs cheap! I'm only doing this as a favor to you so you can free up space for other packs.:laughing7:

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Desmobob, you need to sell me one of your Mystery Ranch packs cheap! I'm only doing this as a favor to you so you can free up space for other packs.:laughing7:

Unfortunately, all but one of my Mystery Ranch packs use the older, separate suspension system -- the NICE frame. So, if you bought a bag from me, you'd still have to purchase a frame for it. I think their new Guide Light frame is about $275... :o

DigDug216

Feb 22, 2016
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (May2015) and Equinox 800 (March2019)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used a regular hiker's backpack for years. Not sure this XP backpack offers anything i dont already have. I hold all my gear - 3 coils, control box, shaft, headphones, charger, gloves and more. Not going to buy an XP backpack.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Plenty of nice backpacks available and with a little modification and customization it’s easy to make something as good and for a fraction of the cost. I took a $20 whites backpack and my Orx plus mini shovel and accessories fit perfectly. It’s even got an XP patch sewn on
(Sorry can’t provide pics here)
My equinox was fitted perfectly inside a Makro backpack$35 and holds the 6” coil and stem plus headphones and shovel.
I see how the new XP backpack might appeal to some who don’t mind paying the price and don’t want to modify to suit. For me that’s enjoyable.

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ordered mine last night. Colonial had them.

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I purchased the Amaro 22004 backpack on Amazon last year and love it. It's actually the exact same backpack that Minelab used to sell except it costs $50 instead of the absurd price that Minelab wanted. I can fit my Deus, accessories, and my lunch with ease!

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
XP Deus Bag.

5802BDE1-80E9-46DB-976A-38B3FA1FC5B3.jpeg . Using it now. What a nice bag. Plenty of stowage.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That video did have a weird vibe... "cringey" is as good a word as any to describe it! Anyway, I was just about to pre-order one when I came to my senses. I have a pack problem. I must have at least ten different backpacks and daypacks. I did some quick checking and found my Dēus and associated gear will fit perfectly into a couple of packs I already have. :rolleyes:

It sure looks like a great pack, though!

They're trying too hard to make it look "tactical". Looks more like he's packing a parachute.

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Put a review on you tube. C.Z. Kidd channel. Great bag. Loads of room.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got one against my better judgement and glad I did. Overpriced? Not really considering how well designed and well made. Tad heavy.
But feels real nice on. Luxury some will enjoy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions