HF Battery problems

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had 3 failed batterys in my elliptical coil. The one in there now, which was replaced june/july last year, only lasts about 2-2 1/2 hours.

All my other coils, including the originals are still going strong.

Now I will be contacting them again and hopefully they will cover it...again. So far ML has been very good about it, but I am wondering if anyone else has this issue?

Oh yeah, they also replaced the coil too, I think after the 2nd battery failed.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
I have had 3 failed batterys in my elliptical coil. The one in there now, which was replaced june/july last year, only lasts about 2-2 1/2 hours.

All my other coils, including the originals are still going strong.

Now I will be contacting them again and hopefully they will cover it...again. So far ML has been very good about it, but I am wondering if anyone else has this issue?

Oh yeah, they also replaced the coil too, I think after the 2nd battery failed.

If you are sending it to ML you may be better served sending it to XP.

g

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what other coils you have, but for some reason I think the external battery on the elliptical is more susceptible to battery contact connector breakage due to folding the coil over when packing it away. I have seen this a couple of times with the elliptical. Have not had a problem at all with the external battery on my 9" round HF coil. Your issue seems pretty extreme though, after three battery replacements. I would just say be careful folding and jostling that particular coil after you get it fixed again.

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My elliptical failed recently, the coil was acting weird and losing connection from the remote. Replaced the battery once and the coil was operating as expected, but it would never indicate a full charge. Sent the whole thing in and it was warranty replaced. Which made me really happy. Haven't used it yet but initial set-up seems fine. It is my favorite coil too, so I sure as hell hope its back to normal function.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions