Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I reference this well written book to get a better feel for the DEUS. Under the Coin Hunting Tips & Techniques, pgs. 96-105, there are 3 different programs for coin hunting. I would like to give them a shot. Only one program, the second one states that the DEUS #6 deep program is used as the base for this program, however the other 2 programs don't recommend a base program to start with. Anyone know which program might be the referred base DEUS program to start these 2 programs? Thx for the help

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I reference this well written book to get a better feel for the DEUS. Under the Coin Hunting Tips & Techniques, pgs. 96-105, there are 3 different programs for coin hunting. I would like to give them a shot. Only one program, the second one states that the DEUS #6 deep program is used as the base for this program, however the other 2 programs don't recommend a base program to start with. Anyone know which program might be the referred base DEUS program to start these 2 programs? Thx for the help

I would start with Deus fast because the reactivity settings are closest to what is recommended (all my custom programs start with Deus Fast as the base program). In reality, you can start with any of the presets except Deep or Gold Field for the reasons stated below. Just pick whichever one looks closest to the final version of Andy's Coin programs and your own custom tweaks.

Background History Lesson: Deep uses a different signal processing filter that was originally developed for V2 Deus software for all V2 modes It was superseded in V3.X but brought back with the Deep program preset only in V4.X based on "popular demand". The V2 signal processing is thought to enhance deep target signals but the drawback is that it is more noise susceptible and chatty. That is why XP developed a more noise immune signal processing algorithm in V3 and has refined it slightly in V4 and V5. But because of V2 users wanting the old signal processing algorithm to be available without having to lose all the other upgrades by dialing back the software to V2, XP made the Deep Program a new preset so users could access the V2 processing algorithm. Gold Field, as you may know, is a completely different program that does not use discrimination and uses a VCO-like pitch audio for detection - it is used primarily for gold prospecting but is useful for other types of hunting too such as relic hunting, especially in highly mineralized soils. It can't be used as the basis for custom programs like Andy's coin or relic programs because the settings and operation are completely different.

I often assist Andy at his Deus Bootcamps and have programmed many an attendee's remote to Andy's custom program presets and he has used me as a consultant on the most recent editions of his books on the Deus and the Equinox. So if you have any other questions on setting up these custom programs just post here or you can shoot me a PM.

HTH

OP
OP
CZKidd

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thx u VF. I'll give that a go. I do quite often tweek when out in the field. it helps to identify the deus's qualities. Even if i'm not sure, I'll tweek or change it. Nothing to lose.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Thx u VF. I'll give that a go. I do quite often tweek when out in the field. it helps to identify the deus's qualities. Even if i'm not sure, I'll tweek or change it. Nothing to lose.

That is a great way to learn the machine CZ. Get your coil over a weak target and play with some of the settings. You just might be surprised at what settings improve or worsen the signal output.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread