Question - LF Coil To X35 Coil ?

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the X35 coils will be much different from the LF coil unless you change sizes. Size for size they perform about the same. If you want something different then the change from LF to HF coil is a bigger difference.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guy's - A quick question ...

I've read what XP has to say about their own Coils but ...

What differences / improvements did you notice yourself when you went from a LF Coil to a X35 Coil ?

Thanks & Good Hunting !

The biggest advantage of the X35 coils is the addition of the 25 khz frequency mode. That is a game changer for relics and jewelry/gold hunting. The other advantages are more subtle - The lowest frequency., 4 khz, is now adjustable both in frequency offset and in transmit power. This enables you to boost power into the ground at the lowest frequency to provide maximum depth performance, especially for high conductors like silver. Speaking of frequency offsets, on the LF coil, if you used frequency offset, then your Tx power was locked. Now you can use frequency offsets if needed to reduce EMI without losing your ability to adjust transmit power. In high mineralized conditions, LOWERING transmit power can be advantageous to improve overall stability and performance. There are more in the weeds improvements in terms of coil manufacture and a battery upgrade. But the changes I mentioned up front are BIG DEALS and have really obsoleted the LF coils. At this point, since the X35 coils have been out nearly 2 years and the LF coil manufacturing stopped about the same time, any LF coils you might purchase used at this point have probably already used up their battery warranty. So at this point considering the comparably limited performance of the LF coils vs. the X35 coils, means I would forego the LF coils and opt for an X35 if purchasing a coil at this point. Otherwise, use your existing LF coil until it drops dead because the resale value is practically nil. HTH.

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vferrari covered it very well. My only addition to his differences/improvements is that overall the X-35 coils are quieter than the LF coils running at the same frequencies. They handle EMI better right out of the box and they handle mineralized ground better too as in much less noise at higher sensitivity. I did not get a chance to try them at a saltwater beach yet......

Jeff

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for the information! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
E-Trac-Ohio

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for your replies on the X35 coils !

Good Hunting !

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Expanding upon what vferrari said about the addition of 25 kHz; if you set ID Norm to off, TIDs of high conductors such as most US coins will be pushed into the 90’s. This is ideal for coin shooting, in my opinion, as even the wheat penny will display a TID of 93. I use a 25 kHz coin shooting program for those quick after work hunts when I need to cherry pick because I don’t have hours upon hours to dig everything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions