relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I haven’t set up any custom programs yet on my Orx and would like a few suggestions. I do relic hunting and have the X-35 (9” and 11”) and both hf coils I was thinking just Colin fast one with 4 kHz one with 54 kHz with some other setting tweaks. Stupid to leave them blank though.
Thanks

VA relicman

Apr 13, 2020
VA
Detector(s) used
equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve got one set up with fast and one with deep. On my deep one I’ve got sensitivity at 95, disc at 5, I run my frequency at 17.2, I haven’t noticed any depth difference between 4 and 17 kHz and 17 seems to hit relics a little better (for me anyways), if it’s clean I’ll run my iron volume on. I’m still new to the ORX but I did fairly well my last time out with these settings.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not like it's set in stone. Once you get something you like, save it. As typical, each area or soil conditions may need a bit of tweeking.

Timecop67

May 22, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Orx, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have yet to go over 90 in sensitivity just way too chatty unless you really up the frequency, but I hunt in 14.4-15khz for those silver dimes so have to keep it low. When I tested I got better results for dimes in 14khz nothing lower with the HF 9 coil......higher frequency and I'm diggin all those small washers. For City searching it is hard to push sensitivity levels very high with all the emi. The Orx designers made a mistake with the X35 coil and coin fast settings. The preset is at 17k they really need 12-15k for silver searchers......but guess they are going for Hammered coins over there where this thing was designed.

OP
OP
relicmeister

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's not like it's set in stone. Once you get something you like, save it. As typical, each area or soil conditions may need a bit of tweeking.

This is correct and what I’ve decided to do. If I find a settings set I like I am saving it,when I find another set I like I save it in second user slot- if I find one I like better I’ll save that and replace one of the slots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread