Anyone using the Deus lite?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will get spoiled having the deus remote. I must admit that I am spoiled as well.
There are some things about it that is better than the ORX remote. Like going back and
forth with the plus and minus buttons between programs. And the pinpoint feature is quicker.

You will miss the large target ID screen and iron probability bar.

But the horse shoe diagram is great as you can get a sense of how deep a target is.

Agree. There are some great features from both the Orx User Interface and Deus interface that could be combined for a killer user interface combo, combine that with a lower price, and some rudimentary multifrequency capability and I could see a relevant upgrade path for existing Orx and Deus users. XP really needs to come up with something new or folks are going to lose interest.

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree. There are some great features from both the Orx User Interface and Deus interface that could be combined for a killer user interface combo, combine that with a lower price, and some rudimentary multifrequency capability and I could see a relevant upgrade path for existing Orx and Deus users. XP really needs to come up with something new or folks are going to lose interest.

Oh I am sure XP will combine the large ID window and iron probability meter along with a selectable multi frequency option with the quick ground grab of the ORX into a single package machine of a completely different new unit!!

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will get spoiled having the deus remote. I must admit that I am spoiled as well.
There are some things about it that is better than the ORX remote. Like going back and
forth with the plus and minus buttons between programs. And the pinpoint feature is quicker.

You will miss the large target ID screen and iron probability bar.

But the horse shoe diagram is great as you can get a sense of how deep a target is.

You actually like the horseshoe diagram? I never have cared for it. I much prefer an actual depth graph like on the 'Nox. Yeah, the horseshoe does add the Fe-non-Fe bit, but that's not accurate enough to trust anyway.

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I prefer a using an old fashion running depth meter such as the one on the equinox as well. But as far as the deus goes since it does not have that, I do like the horse shoe profile screen. I also like the ID number on there as well. I am not really a fan of the XY screen. I have not encountered a place that it would be of a benefit so far either.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I use the X/Y screen almost exclusively on the beach. So far it produces accurate info on what may beneath the coil. It cut down the trash but it still finds the pull tabs lol! Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread