Running a XP Deus for years, thinking about the Equinox 800 to go with Deus - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Running a XP Deus for years, thinking about the Equinox 800 to go with Deus

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2007
    Middle Tennessee
    XP ORX XP Deus
    118 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I do not know if i agree totally with the preset programs in the Deus.

It has probably 3 that were set up to mimic their other machines. I think that is pretty fantastic since you cannot buy the other XP units that are analog here in the states.

The only thing i really mess with are the tones and tone breaks for cherry picking the coins here that we have.

Other than that it is an awesome machine. One of the best if not the best and the preset programs blow a lot of the competition away without messing with any of the settings.
    Last edited by bigtim1973; Sep 13, 2020 at 10:19 PM.
    Tom Slick, villival and RustyGold like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
    7463 times
    Just learn what the settings do and the preset programs become irrelevant. All the base programs you need to know to create your custom programs are Deus Fast, Deep, and Gold Field. Everything else on the Deus is basically just a variant of Deus Fast with different user settings for the Disc; the tone type, number, and breaks, Sensitivity/Tx Power, Frequency, Reactivity/Silencer, the X/Y screen vs. the Horseshoe, Iron Volume, Audio Response and whether or not you are using normal ground or salt balance reference and tracking. The Deep program processes target signals fundamentally differently than Deus Fast (more audio definition at depth but also sparkier/less stable in Deep) but all the user settings behave the same on both Deep and Deus Fast. And Gold Field is just a different VCO beast altogether with iron audio reduction/blanking versus discrimination, no tone ID (VCO pitch audio only), and a threshold tone and variable reactivity like the regular discrimination modes.
    Iron Buzz and Irishgoldhound like this.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

us
    Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
    1836 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    Just learn what the settings do and the preset programs become irrelevant. All the base programs you need to know to create your custom programs are Deus Fast, Deep, and Gold Field. Everything else on the Deus is basically just a variant of Deus Fast with different user settings for the Disc; the tone type, number, and breaks, Sensitivity/Tx Power, Frequency, Reactivity/Silencer, the X/Y screen vs. the Horseshoe, Iron Volume, Audio Response and whether or not you are using normal ground or salt balance reference and tracking. The Deep program processes target signals fundamentally differently than Deus Fast (more audio definition at depth but also sparkier/less stable in Deep) but all the user settings behave the same on both Deep and Deus Fast. And Gold Field is just a different VCO beast altogether with iron audio reduction/blanking versus discrimination, no tone ID (VCO pitch audio only), and a threshold tone and variable reactivity like the regular discrimination modes.
    Exactly. These days, I rarely even use my own presets without a little tweaking onsite. The most common thing I change is Reactivity Speed, but there are a few others that I will modify on occasion to fit conditions.

us
    Miss Deus and I have a love hate relationship 1 day she won't shut up the next NOT a peep 🙂

Oct 2014
    New York State
    XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover) 9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 - Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
    395 times
    Metal Detecting
    So after screwing the first trip with the NOX 800 I can now say I think its a great machine! I pulled a amazing flat button that I will post in a separate thread from the civil war on an old home site I POUNDED with the Deus and AT Pro/Max. I pulled some great targets other machines past up on. It will be the perfect buddy for the Deus until XP gets there sh*t together and releases a kill Multi-freq machine, I do believe that is the future of detecting!
    Thank you V for all your help!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200914_202843.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	3.05 MB 
ID:	1863702

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    31305 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    That's a very, very nice button. What I have noticed is every time a different machine goes over the same spot, more stuff comes out. A couple years ago I went to a park, a rarity for me, a local club pounds. None of those guys uses a Deus, not then at least, I'm not sure now but they are fairly rare around here. There were remnants of dig holes everywhere. I pulled out several silvers, an 1864 Indian, and about $4 in change in about an hour and a half until I got bored. I have gone behind myself with a different machine, same thing happens.
    Irishgoldhound likes this.

us
    Oct 2007
    Middle Tennessee
    XP ORX XP Deus
    118 times
    That's badass. it sure looks very clean too. What is it made out of?

us
    Oct 2007
    Middle Tennessee
    XP ORX XP Deus
    118 times
    Sorry double post

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
    7463 times
    Those were typically silver plated copper - that's a $250 button. Nice!

us
    Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
    1836 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    That's a very, very nice button. What I have noticed is every time a different machine goes over the same spot, more stuff comes out. A couple years ago I went to a park, a rarity for me, a local club pounds. None of those guys uses a Deus, not then at least, I'm not sure now but they are fairly rare around here. There were remnants of dig holes everywhere. I pulled out several silvers, an 1864 Indian, and about $4 in change in about an hour and a half until I got bored. I have gone behind myself with a different machine, same thing happens.
    And then you can go back with the Deus and a different program. That's one of the great things about that machine is that it is so configurable. At the same time, that may be its worst feature for many but if you learn what everything does, you can work in all sorts of situations (bottlecaps aside... sigh...)

us
    Miss Deus and I have a love hate relationship 1 day she won't shut up the next NOT a peep 🙂

Oct 2014
    New York State
    XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover) 9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 - Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
    395 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    Those were typically silver plated copper - that's a $250 button. Nice!
    correct sir!

never saw one like mine with 13 reg t on bottom

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    7463 times
    It’s a button for the First Regiment of US Infantry (US with a Roman Numeral I on top) during the War of 1812. Not sure what the “13” or whatever it is stands for, could be some other sort of sub-unit but that doesn’t really make sense in the context of how the Regiments were organized at that time (typically, lettered companies).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links