Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a suggestion for Deus. Come out with a update that allows you to cut down the iron volume to lower volume than what is on the machine now. To me it is to loud even on low in a carpet of nails for long periods of detecting. Dont get me wrong the Deus is the best iron machine made but it needs a lower setting on the iron volume . A lower iron volume where you can just hear the hum of the iron and a non ferrous would blast above it.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Yes that would be nice Calabash. Maybe a setting of 0.5 or 0.25 for the Iron Volume.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely don't get an Orx - you have 2 choices, iron tone on or off, that's it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yaeh a ORX will blast your ears with the iron tone. I told Gary Blackwell Deus needed to put a iron volume on it.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Just wishful thinking, but what would be REALLY nice would be if Iron Volume would work all the way down to a Disc of "-6" :laughing7:

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was always thinking iron volume did work down to -6? Or am I just hearing ground noise and other sh*t?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was always thinking iron volume did work down to -6? Or am I just hearing ground noise and other sh*t?

Talking Deus here (Orx disc can only be set at a minimum of 0). Iron volume works for anything that pops under the discrimination break point (it may be iron or it may be ground feedback or other stuff like ceramics way down in the negative numbers). For example, if disc is set at 10 everything from -6.4 to 10 will sound off as iron volume. If disc is set at 0, everything from -6.4 to 0 will sound off as iron volume. Iron volume is disabled when using full tones.

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I like full tones

patriotdigger

Mar 8, 2015
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is the Garrett Apex as good as the Deus with iron volume ? Asking for a friend ?:laughing7:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the Garrett Apex as good as the Deus with iron volume ? Asking for a friend ?:laughing7:

Nope. Check out the OP's YouTube channel to get your answer.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You posted that in the wrong place. You should have posted it over yonder where Monte could have answered it.....

BTW I sold my ORX and Deus ....bought me two Apex's to hunt iron loaded ghost towns....:nono:

Last edited:

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Calabash...
Did I read that right??
You sold your Deus and ORX??

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash...
Did I read that right??
You sold your Deus and ORX??

No he didn't... Monte most likely did lmao. The Deus volume in general needs to have the ability to be adjusted lower. The orx can and I like that. I think the Deus on its lowest volume is slightly too loud at times.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would have to pry my Deus from my dead hands....

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Thought that might be the case...
Just the way it read I was worried :)

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sure XP is reading this and sending instructions to their engineers as I write this. (I wish that were true... sigh...)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread