Question about batteries.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For Deus, the battery level of the coil alternates with the battery level of the remote in the upper corner of the remote's display. Similarly, on the headphones, the headphone battery level is displayed and alternates with the coil battery level. The level meter resides in (on the remote) or next to (on the headphone display) a graphical icon representation of the coil or nothing indicating which component's battery level is being displayed. It's all spelled out in the user manual, btw.

Last edited:

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The manual says 20 hrs on the RC. I’m down to about 10. When I’m about 8, I’ll buy a new bat. Put a new battery in the MI 6. I hunt quite a bit. I charge it about once every two weeks. Battery shows half charged still.

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
No no I understand the the battery levels. What I mean is, when one of the batteries becomes completely worn out, and isn’t charging how do you know which one isn’t good anymore. How do you tell if it’s the coil battery, the remote battery or the battery in the shaft?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I don't understand your question. There are two icons on the remote control screen upper left corner that flash alternating between the RC and the coil. The icon for the coil looks kinda like a coil. Should be three bars in each when fully charged. The headphones icon is on the puck screen. You can also view the battery charge state when you charge them. The coil light will blink when fully charged. The RC and headphines battery icons will blink all three bars when fully charged. Therer must be something else you are referring to because this is not complicated if you make sure they get charged.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I don’t know maybe I’m complicating things here. There is 3 batteries for the XP’s. Let’s say the battery in the shaft is starting to become completely unusable, how do you tell if it’s the shaft battery that needs replacing out or the other 2. ? I’m talking about when it comes time to change out batteries down the road.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch the battery icons and when you only get a few hours run time, time to think about new battery(s).

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I guess just replacing all three after a few yrs would be ideal.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
If you have a battery in the shaft then there isn't a battery in the coil.
So if not in the shaft then it's in the coil.
The icons on the remote will tell you if it is dead, and if you can't get a good charge then it's time to replace.

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
If you have a battery in the shaft then there isn't a battery in the coil.
So if not in the shaft then it's in the coil.
The icons on the remote will tell you if it is dead, and if you can't get a good charge then it's time to replace.

Uhhh! Ok that answers my question. I thought I had a battery in my coil also. So then it’s just two, I have one in the shaft and the remote. Thanks! That Clears that up lol.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gawd that was harder then it had to be...lol. I thought you were talking about 2 different coils...HF with battery in the shaft and x35 with battery in coil. Didn’t realize you had a more basic misconception about the coil battery configuration. Again, this is all spelled out in the manual, which describes how the X35 and HF coils differ battery wise p. 4 and p. 30.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Deus is four years old and no battery issues. The smaller headphone battery runs out of juice first, but that's due its size. I think it would be easy to tell if one or the other went bad. The control wouldn't see the coil if coil battery went, the headphone would just stop and the control conversely would just stop.

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Gawd that was harder then it had to be...lol. I thought you were talking about 2 different coils...HF with battery in the shaft and x35 with battery in coil. Didn’t realize you had a more basic misconception about the coil battery configuration. Again, this is all spelled out in the manual, which describes how the X35 and HF coils differ battery wise p. 4 and p. 30.

Sorry, I’m new to the XP series. Trying to read up and get more knowledge about my ORX. I didn’t know different coils either have or don’t have a battery. Sorry to confuse. Lol.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I’m new to the XP series. Trying to read up and get more knowledge about my ORX. I didn’t know different coils either have or don’t have a battery. Sorry to confuse. Lol.

No biggie, just didn't realize what you were asking until HuntinDog figured it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread