Do you regularly carry and use a flashlight?

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
upstate NY -- Lake George region
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus, White's DFX, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My old White's pinpointer had an LED light built in, as does my XP MI-6, but not bright enough to be of much use. I think it would be cumbersome to carry even a small flashlight.

It sure would be nice if the pinpointer had a button to activate a decent LED to light up the hole. Modern LEDs can crank out a significant amount of light on a small amount of electricity. I have some single-AA lights that can put out 400 lumens or 800 lumens using a little AA-sized 3.7V lithium battery. (EagTac D25A MkII or Lumintop Tool AA 2.0 flashlights.)

Considering the battery life of the MI-6, I don't think it would hurt to upgrade the dim little LED that come in it now...

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a light that mounts to a bicycles handlebars, it has a bracket that is round and fits the shaft of the detector perfectly I believe I bought it at Wal-Mart the thing that is nice is you loosen a knurled knob screw and can use it by hand also.

snaps

May 6, 2009
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Goldmaxx, Compass GSP, Garrett Infinium
Ive got a petzl head lamp hung around my neck all the time- take it off at bedtime

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No but I should. Don't normally detect at night. I do regularly carry a small wood handled saw you use for cutting outlet holes in drywall. Great on tree roots and fits nicely in my detecting bucket along with lesh.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sometimes bring a headlamp, I also use my phone as a flashlight... I occasionally end up staying past dark or squirming under a porch/crawlspace so it's very helpful.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread