Help with some programming

rogueaviation

Apr 23, 2015
Grand Haven, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm looking for a 10 inch deep silver dollar buried on edge. It's in good shape, and has a note taped to it that says "Happy Birthday". It's been buried a week now in Sandy Michigan yard dirt.

What I've found to try next for the Deus so far after not being able to find it with the standard programs, the Calabash coin program, an MXT, and an Eq 800 is this:

28kHz
Reactivity 2.5 or 2
Sensitivity 93-94
Silencer on 0 or -1

I've tried so many things and have about a 300sf area left where the coin was hidden for me to find as a birthday gift. There's a 110 line running down the middle of the search are, and a buried 100 year old drainpipe that has some sort of ferrous coating on it as the detectors and pinpointers all say "metal".

Any ideas?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very difficult target at 10". Lower the frequency as far as you can go with your coil and lower reactivity to 1 so you can get more depth. The lower frequency and lower reactivity may increase chattiness. You will want make sure you have a good ground balance. I would also consider using pitch tones to help you zero in on the target. Hard to tell what target ID will be on an on edge target that deep. Good luck. Hope whoever buried it knows where they buried it, just in case. Lol.

OP
OP
R

rogueaviation

Apr 23, 2015
Grand Haven, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not yet. I've found a handful of nails at that depth though. And a half dozen crusty pennies. And an older buckle. And a few other things.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
V can he do air tests at that distance to maybe see what works best for him ??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread