3.2 still available for a reload?

F75PAHUNTER

Mar 10, 2014
Hanover Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LTD, Deus Xp, tecknetics gamma, Garrett pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still running 3.2, my friend loaned me a smaller coil, and I tried everything to get the ws4 and remote to connect I could not ,, my question is there a way to reinstall 3.2 with the two coils at hand so the smaller coil will run in 3.2? Thank You

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If by smaller coil, you mean one of the White HF coils, they are only compatible with ver 4 and later. There really is no reason not to upgrade to version 5 especially if you want full compatibility with all the Deus coils and there have been several improvements to functionality and performance with these upgrades as well.

OP
OP
F

F75PAHUNTER

Mar 10, 2014
Hanover Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I found out is my friends coil is allready programed in 4.1, my deus runs in 3.2, so i think the remote is not picking up the coil becouse of this,, now theres a problem with my Pc wont download chrome in windows edge, wondering if you can still update in windows edge? Another question is if the remote didn't reconogize the coil will it still update it if its logged in, in coils? Also everything is not the newer coils, in reality i just want both coils to work in either 3.2 or4.1,,, if i download 5.1 are the older coils still compatible? Or can i change the small coil back to 3.2? Or update my stuff to 4.1 so everything works? What will work? HELP,, thank you

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I found out is my friends coil is allready programed in 4.1, my deus runs in 3.2, so i think the remote is not picking up the coil becouse of this,, now theres a problem with my Pc wont download chrome in windows edge, wondering if you can still update in windows edge? Another question is if the remote didn't reconogize the coil will it still update it if its logged in, in coils? Also everything is not the newer coils, in reality i just want both coils to work in either 3.2 or4.1,,, if i download 5.1 are the older coils still compatible? Or can i change the small coil back to 3.2? Or update my stuff to 4.1 so everything works? What will work? HELP,, thank you

First of all, you are still not being totally clear because you are not telling me the model of your friend's coil that is at version 4.1 (Black LF or White HF)? If it is a original legacy black LF coil that was released prior to 2018, then it can run at 3.2 but you need to downgrade it to 3.2. If it is an HF coil, then you will need to upgrade your headphones and controller to version 4.1 to be compatible because all the components (remote, headphones, coil) need to be running at the same version, i.e., all ver 3.2, or all ver 4.1 or all version 5.21, etc. Second, the HF coils and wireless pinpointer (if you use it) are only compatible with ver 4 software and higher. Similarly, the X35 coils are fully compatible (i.e., all features activated) with ver 5 but I think they can still be used at version 4 (don't quote me on that). Finally, the original LF coils are compatible with all versions of the software they will run on ver 3.2, ver 4.1 and ver 5.21. There is nothing that version 3.2 has that is better than version 5.21 in terms of performance and features, believe me. I get that if you have been using the original legacy LF coils, there is little incentive to upgrade, especially since an upgrade requires you to re-enter all your custom programs. Bottom line, though, you should upgrade to the highest version available to ensure maximum hardware compatibility and performance. So in this case, it sounds like you need to at least upgrade your controller, LF coil (so you can still use it) and headphones to version 4.1 to be compatible with your friend's coil (to enable the controller and headphones to see it).

Regarding Chrome versus Edge - either browser should allow you to download the windows-based XP upgrade software (the latest version Edge is based on Chrome btw - so they are nearly identical except for looks). The browser just allows you to download the software, the software itself runs as a windows application and after download doesn't care which browser you are running.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
F

F75PAHUNTER

Mar 10, 2014
Hanover Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you vferrari for the info, yes all coils are black Lf, i was just reading about the differance in edge and chrome but couldnt find the answer about updating,,,, so it will update even if the remote dosnt recognize the coil? Thank you

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you vferrari for the info, yes all coils are black Lf, i was just reading about the differance in edge and chrome but couldnt find the answer about updating,,,, so it will update even if the remote dosnt recognize the coil? Thank you

Once you update your remote, headphones, and existing coil to 4.1 then the remote should recognize the new coil, no problem. When you update, all your custom programs are erased, so be sure to write down the settings for the ones you want to re-enter after the upgrade. Good luck.

OP
OP
F

F75PAHUNTER

Mar 10, 2014
Hanover Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20201205_173418.jpg ,,, is this screen normal?

OP
OP
F

F75PAHUNTER

Mar 10, 2014
Hanover Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried the update and it was locked on start screen wouldnt run , I started over , ran it in windows 8 not 10 seemed to work, everything compatible, now i have this screen on my remote? Is this normal? Its updated to 5.2 now

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like the Goldfield program. You should be able to switch it to one of the other programs.

OP
OP
F

F75PAHUNTER

Mar 10, 2014
Hanover Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is gold fields, just never saw this before,, im tired and confused, thank you again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions