My R.C. is Frozen on updates

Dec 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Follow the instructions exactly no issues what so ever!!! Except the screen froze on update on the computer and on R.C.l let the battery drain out the R.C. That did not work !!! I Called customer service l was better off going out in the woods and start talking to squirrels. Of course with my
Deus because the screen is Frozen
I don't know if anybody can help me thank you very much

Last edited:

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Last edited:
OP
OP
O
Dec 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took 5 day just to get someone to help me! It was actually a horror show!!! Never in my life did I dealt with a company that was so rude and incompetent as they were !Until I spoke to Mike and he did the right thing. The sad part
was it took less than 5 minutes on the phone with Mike and the Machine was updated and back to normal. But thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It took 5 day just to get someone to help me! It was actually a horror show!!! Never in my life did I dealt with a company that was so rude and incompetent as they were !Until I spoke to Mike and he did the right thing. The sad part
was it took less than 5 minutes on the phone with Mike and the Machine was updated and back to normal. But thank you for your time.

Glad you got your Deus up and running again... "D"

gravityboy

Jul 18, 2018
Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 4900Di
Tesoro Tejon
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Fors CoRe
Makro Racer 2
Nokta Simplex+
XP Deus
Minelab NOX 600
Minelab GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I get your frustration, and being a 'new member' I'll go easy...but if you want to add any value to this conversation please at least try and cover some of the 5 minutes you spent on the phone here...so others don't have to go through the same thing.

OP
OP
O
Dec 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a little weird that you would say something like that. ! Because I've been going up and down these postings and most of them have comments that people left. Which has nothing to do with the subject. And what you read was a reply to somebody else's comment! Only when I was in the Marines and in Vietnam. (N.F.G) That newbie meant anything to me!

Last edited:

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Old School,
I've gone back and re-read all of the posts in this thread and all seem to be directed to your original question and I see no reference to "newbie".

I haven't had this problem with my Deus, so it would be nice to know what the fix was.

Glad there was a fix without sending it in.

OP
OP
O
Dec 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New member or newbie same meaning! The reply was sent by Gravity Boy I was told by Co. to let the remote control discharge with the screen Frozen on update it may reboot the R.C. Which of course did not work. I waited two days for a call back which I didn't get !So I got a hold of Mike from the Co. He said to recharge the remote even though the screen was frozen on update . Restart the computer and delete the update app.. Download the app again! I started the new update ... With a Frozen screen with the word update on the R.C. and followed the rest of the steps on the new update app . No problems with the machine the second time .If that didn't work . To ship it out to them free of charge even though the warranty was up. I knew then that I would be in a lot of trouble!!! Because I wouldn't ship out a pencil to them. Because of all the double talk and how incompetent they were . On top of all that them being so rude This all could have been handled on the first phone call in less than 5 minutes. keep in mind this all started about a year-and-a-half ago. As you would say that's what made it so frustrating!!! As that a for new member?

Last edited:
OP
OP
O
Dec 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have a YouTube channel ?Because that's at least I can do for you ! I've been doing this for over 45 years. I have one that I just started you are guaranteed to learn something at any skill level !!!Metal Detecting Beach features By Old School Digger

OP
OP
O
Dec 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This reply is a little weird to! The reason why you shouldn't you give me this tec. talk in beginning? But no you wanted to know in full detail the 5-minute conversation for others. like I was obligated because you said so ! Which I replied to After dealing with them for over five days am I entitled to have a bad day because of them? I talk to over four people did they all have bad days? I guarantee you don't have a bad days in the sales department do not they now? Or are they extremely rude in the sales department The first question ask you is how's your day ?And listen to any question you have to ask listen to you sing the blues all day long!!! .Of course until they make the sale! So don't justify or defend the Company. Horror Show!!! Prove me wrong give them a call and let me know in about 5 days from now Oh yeah that's right so others can know lll I'm too old and too tired to be playing head games with you!

Last edited:

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the reason to stick with old technology. My T2 and F5 work without UPDATES just fine. I have learned that if updates are required there will be down time. I don't know about the rest of the world but I am tired of being put on hold and please listen carefully because our options have changed.

OP
OP
O
Dec 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you ain't just Whistling Dixie!!! I have machines over40 years old. Been abused beat up you name it and they still work!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions