Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I placed an order for a Deus with one of the biggest names in detectors in the US middle of last week as they had an XP Deus listed as "one available" and rec'd a "your order is being processed". Shortly after I placed my order I noticed their web site's "one available status" went to "Out of stock". So I thought wow, I did get the last one.

I emailed them yesterday morning to find out the status since I had not gotten any shipping status and never got a response. Today I ended up going to their web site and initiating a chat. At first they told me they had no tracking info. I asked who I needed to contact to find out if it is on backorder, and they came back and said it is on back order.:icon_scratch:

They were going to just let me sit and wait with no updates.:BangHead: I cancelled my order with them and will no longer do any business with them since they were deceitful and their customer service is the pits.

Guess my hunt for a Deus goes on.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, word's getting out about them. They are hard to find. Try Ebay.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe try a dealer north of the 49th. Seems that the US dollar might be a strong point in pricing as well. Just a thought as I have seen in stock listing up here.

OP
OP
Dug

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, word's getting out about them. They are hard to find. Try Ebay.

My biggest concern is getting warranty/support for it should there be a problem.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I'll bet the name of the retailer starts with a K.
Have you tried contacting one of the supporting venders on here like Big Boys Hobbies? Call, don't order online, for the best deals.

OP
OP
Dug

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll bet the name of the retailer starts with a K.
Have you tried contacting one of the supporting venders on here like Big Boys Hobbies? Call, don't order online, for the best deals.

Started with supporting vendors first. Distributors are out. Once they get their shipment it will be game on. I just need to be patient and quit reading all the Deus posts:laughing7:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I ‘m kind of shocked. I recommended a Deus Setup with the HF coil to a friend and it seems it’s no longer available.

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several dealers up here in Canada who carry them.. maybe try one of them.. plus, as was mentioned, the strong U.S. dollar is a plus

Micheal

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After Covid and the recent ice/snow storms across the US there have been shortages on a lot of items, especially from across the pond.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My situation: I purchased my Deus in early February, and I got the detector itself but the bundle was supposed to have the MI-6 Pinpointer. The dealer didn't have the pinpointer in stock, so I've been waiting for that since. I check with him every week but I'm told the pinpointers (at least) are on backorder.

OP
OP
Dug

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My situation: I purchased my Deus in early February, and I got the detector itself but the bundle was supposed to have the MI-6 Pinpointer. The dealer didn't have the pinpointer in stock, so I've been waiting for that since. I check with him every week but I'm told the pinpointers (at least) are on backorder.

From what I can see quite a bit of XP stuff is B/O like HF coils also. I think 67GTA is spot on. Unrelated but I have two different eye glass orders in and they are both behind on getting done as well, but I suspect the winter storm is more a factor in that case.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
My biggest concern is getting warranty/support for it should there be a problem.

If you have a problem with it, ship it back to the dealer you bought it from for warranty issues, whats the big deal? It has a 5 yr warranty, best you’re gonna get. The XP’s are a solid built detector. I doubt you’ll have issues anytime soon.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Try Reilly’s Treasure Gold. They’re not taking online orders, only orders by phone or email. Laraine will help you find what you want.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was just getting the final details on shipping the complete works back to get all fixed up. I asked about the post ups about the B/O and they said they should be resolved by this weeks end. Now I don't know if that was a story or fact, but that's what he said.
Best of luck in the search.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
I got lucky...
A detecting friend of mine gave me his Deus. He could no longer get out and use it.
It's still running 3.2 and 9"LF coil.
Only thing I guess is I'll have to wait on ordering any new coils, but that's ok with me...

OP
OP
Dug

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The dealer I had my Deus on backorder with just charged my CC account which means my order is on it's way. Outstanding!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread