XP Deus question

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking at a used XP Deus. It has a remote control, extra DD coil, 6" coil, headphones, and waterproof package for $800. Is this a good deal?

Hard to tell - I can't really tell what coils come with it based on your description - "extra DD coil" can't tell if that means you are getting a total of 2 coils or 3 coils (including the "6" coil) and it doesn't tell me what type of primary coil you are getting. BTW re: the "6" coil" - there is no 6" Deus Coil (there is a 9.5x5" elliptical HF coil). So it is not clear how many coils you are getting and which coils you are getting. On the surface, it sounds like a great deal if you are getting at least two coils. Perhaps too good. I would stay away from the legacy first generation LF coils. They are getting up there in age which means less built in battery life and they have limited capabilities compared to the new generation X35 coils that have an expanded operating frequency range. If you could better describe the coils that are included, I could give you a better idea on whether you are getting a good deal.

BTW - here's a post that breaks down all the Deus coil types (except the first generation legacy LF coils) and gives their advantages and disadvantages.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/deus/588348-11-lf-coil-vs-x35-9-a.html#post5933355

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread