Bluetooth anyone???

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will Bluetooth wireless earbuds pair with the Deus or ORX ???

Deus and Orx use proprietary low latency wireless audio protocols, on their own, they will not pair with wireless BT earbuds. You can attempt to hand a BT transmitter dongle off the Deus remote if you want but (as mentioned above) you will want to make sure that APTX Low Latency BT protocol is used on both the transmitter and the earbuds. Generic BT protocols have too much lag and result in difficulty in pinpointing targets when swinging the coil due to the delay between when you hear the signal versus the coil position during your swing. It is signficant and can lag by up to 1/4 of a second.

Frankly, its just best to use the provided wireless accessories rather than having additional claptrap hung of the Deus remote, kind of defeats the purpose of the integrated design. But that is also why it isn't inexpensive, so there's that.

BTW - The cheaper ORX wireless headphones and Deus wireless headphones cannot be exchanged between ORX and Deus. So other than the coils and stem assemblies you have to have an all Deus or all Orx configuration when it comes to the remote and wireless phones.

BTW - the Deus /Orx with their fast recovery speeds do not work well when you "swing like a sloth". Lol

HTH

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tony-Ok

Jun 27, 2019
Oklahoma City Ok
Detector(s) used
XP ORX and Minelab 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys , that was the information I needed, not fond of the back phones the ORX comes with. Maybe XP will some day offer a light weight set of headphones like ML or NM offer.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys , that was the information I needed, not fond of the back phones the ORX comes with. Maybe XP will some day offer a light weight set of headphones like ML or NM offer.

Actually, I wasn't aware of any wireless headphone products from ML or NM that are lighter than the Orx wireless backphones with removable puck. The backphones puck can be removed and attached any of a number of 3rd party phones that have a slide on puck interface. Quest, Detecting Doodads, and Gray Ghost make compatible phones, but these are mostly heavier over the ear type phones.

Alternatively, you can buy a slide-on headphone jack adapter at many MD dealers or off of eBay and then connect any set of favorite wired earbuds to the puck which you can then slip in your shirt, vest,, or pants pocket and still remain untethered from the detector. See pic below. Just search Google for Orx headphone adapter. It's about $14.

304a11ecf911a637471ca3b1257319fa_1400x.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tony-Ok

Jun 27, 2019
Oklahoma City Ok
Detector(s) used
XP ORX and Minelab 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, I wasn’t clear about the back phones, I seem to constantly mess with them. The seem to move around a lot . My comment about ML and NM was there design of lightweight headphones that stay put on your head. I just got the quest headphones for the puck today. They work and sound great , they will be great for fall , winter and spring ..... but in the summer I need a light weight set oh headphones.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I wasn’t clear about the back phones, I seem to constantly mess with them. The seem to move around a lot . My comment about ML and NM was there design of lightweight headphones that stay put on your head. I just got the quest headphones for the puck today. They work and sound great , they will be great for fall , winter and spring ..... but in the summer I need a light weight set oh headphones.

Then get that puck h/p adapter and any lightweight set wired phones or earbuds that suit you should fill the bill.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BTW - the Deus /Orx with their fast recovery speeds do not work well when you "swing like a sloth". Lol

HTH

Not to deter from the original topic-but sloth is how slow?
Sloth is a 2 sec return to centre of swing-so 12 to 9:30 back to 12 to 2:30 back to 12 is a 4 second completion.
In a iron site I have found that the misses are numerous if I swing faster.
It's a learning curve-still.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to deter from the original topic-but sloth is how slow?
Sloth is a 2 sec return to centre of swing-so 12 to 9:30 back to 12 to 2:30 back to 12 is a 4 second completion.
In a iron site I have found that the misses are numerous if I swing faster.
It's a learning curve-still.

Depends on the recovery speed (reactivity) setting. On Deus higher reactivity/recovery speed settings don’t react well with the target (I’m talking anything 2 or above). Practice on surface test targets in your yard to get a feel for it.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Depends on the recovery speed (reactivity) setting. On Deus higher reactivity/recovery speed settings don’t react well with the target (I’m talking anything 2 or above). Practice on surface test targets in your yard to get a feel for it.

I just starting playing with reactivity setting last season. With the setting on fast, disc.0 reactivity 2.5 (factory setting) I started to go down to 2 to see how it reacted to separation/depth/response in the iron. When I get the machine back I'll check it out again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread