Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I currently have the. 9” X35 and 9” high freq
Coils. I used to have the 11” coil but sold it.
I was about to order another ( yes I’m fickle with impulsive tendencies) but then found a great deal on a 13” x11”. Most of the time the 9” coils are ideal. When I have the chance to hit a wide open field I want better coverage and yes deeper reach. I expect I’ll use my homemade elastic end sling attached to the arm cuff strap to give it a balanced swing, so I’m not worried
about nose heaviness.
All that said, I’m looking for comments and opinions from those that use
or have used this
coil, which is much less often used than the
11” one from what I’ve noticed.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no use for it. At a whopping $300+ dollars, it doesn't bring anything significant or compelling to the table depth or coverage wise vs. the 11" round other than unnecessary additional weight and nose heaviness that actually flexes the Deus shaft when swinging and you lose some of the Deus ability to discern smaller targets. JMO - not worth the trip.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
I have one sitting on the shelf that I throw a charge in every few months just to keep the battery in check...
Other than the test run in my yard, I've never taken it out.
Always have the 9"HF and 11" X35 with me and haven't found a site that I wished I had the 11X13 - X35 with me.

OP
OP
relicmeister

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well the one I ordered turned out to be out of stock with more coming any day. I asked to switch my order to an 11” X35 and I’m getting the same discount I had on the 13”.
Might get another 12x 15 for my Nox
The 15” coiltek is too big and heavy

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the one I ordered turned out to be out of stock with more coming any day. I asked to switch my order to an 11” X35 and I’m getting the same discount I had on the 13”.
Might get another 12x 15 for my Nox
The 15” coiltek is too big and heavy

I have actually never run into anyone that has used the 13x11 other than me, a dealer, and one other person. That seems to speak for itself and convinced me that I was correct in my assessment (which was on the original LF version). Anyway, glad you got a chance to switch back to the 11".

As far as Nox is concerned, I'm headed in the opposite direction and getting the 10x5 coil. I hunt mainly hot ground and the larger footprint coils tend to just pick up more ground noise so it is always a balancing act for me between coverage and performance. The 10" swing coverage will fit the bill nicely and I can retire the annoying 6" round hocky puck. As far as the larger coils are concerned with these higher end VLFs, in general I find that it is rarely not worth the trip for the minor depth performance you might gain versus the downsides of weight, ground noise, and loss of small target sensitivity.

Last edited:

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Yeah V
I had and ran the LF 11X13 and sold it... Got lucky and found an x35 11x13 for half what I sold the LF one for and picked it up...
That was a couple of years ago and I haven't put it on yet...

OP
OP
relicmeister

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have actually never run into anyone that has used the 13x11 other than me, a dealer, and one other person. That seems to speak for itself and convinced me that I was correct in my assessment (which was on the original LF version). Anyway, glad you got a chance to switch back to the 11".

As far as Nox is concerned, I'm headed in the opposite and getting the 10x5 coil. I hunt mainly hot ground and the larger footprint coils tend to just pick up more ground noise so it is always a balancing act for me between coverage and performance. The 10" swing coverage will fit the bill nicely and I can retire the annoying 6" round hocky puck. As far as the larger coils are concerned with these higher end VLFs, in general I find that it is rarely not worth the trip for the minor depth performance you might gain versus the downsides of weight, ground noise, and loss of small target sensitivity.

I’m also getting the coiltek equinox 10 x 5 because as much as I like the 6” coil , I don’t like going out and being limited to the 6” footprint. Much better to have a coil that can snipe in the iron infested homesite, and afterward hit another area of interest but having fewer targets.

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Huntindog and Vferrari summed it up. I had the 13 x 11, couldn't sell it fast enough. Sat around like a low charged Energizer Bunny. Have all the other coils though and use them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread