Puck adapter 1/8 VS 1/4

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The adapter should work fine from an audio standpoint, though I might be concerned about the stress the adapter puts on the WS4 jack adapter. But they do make 1/4 inch WS4 puck adapters too. Just do a google search or ebay search on WS4 headphone adapters. Get the jack size that corresponds to the headphone you want to use most of the time (or get two WS4 puck adapters, one of each - at about $12 to $20 per adapter, they are not that expensive).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dug

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The adapter should work fine from an audio standpoint, though I might be concerned about the stress the adapter puts on the WS4 jack adapter. But they do make 1/4 inch WS4 puck adapters too. Just do a google search or ebay search on WS4 headphone adapters. Get the jack size that corresponds to the headphone you want to use most of the time (or get two WS4 puck adapters, one of each - at about $12 to $20 per adapter, they are not that expensive).

So far the only 6.3mm adapter size I can find online is from the Russian Federation on Ebay. I must be a dinosaur using headphones with a 1/4 jack lol.

Recommendation I got was to use a pig tail adapter to avoid any possible stress on the puck adapter.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread