Deus pinpointer m-6

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Spectrum xlt x-terra master huntercx gemini3 sierra madre, v3i, tdi, gti2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought an xp deus with a m-6 pinpointer. I have paired it up and I can only get about 1 and 1/2 inches deep. I just keep going back to my garret pro 11 pinpointer. Maybe I'm too used to my old pinpointer. Did anyone go thru that?

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you try adjusting the sensitivity? I find it is on par with my Garrett carrot as far as depth.

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are Other modes for higher sensitivity one
So sensitive it’s only recommended for cache hunting

I forgot about that. I think if you control it through the RC you can really jack the sens up (am I remembering that right?). You can also adjust it with only button pushes to get the normal modes.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are four different programs. I think the default is "2" which does not give that much depth. I almost always use Program 3. Look at the top of the RC screen (with pinpointer ON) to see which program you are in. Press "+" or "-" to change programs.

OP
OP
M

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Spectrum xlt x-terra master huntercx gemini3 sierra madre, v3i, tdi, gti2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't tried adjusting with remote. I'm going to have to try it. Cause I'm jusgetting it paired n using like that. Thank you

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Mextallion (and others), this morning I was using my MI-6 along with my Deus (paired to the remote) and I was having the same problem you describe: i could not sense targets that I had dug out of the hole even from 1" away. I thought that maybe its battery charge was low or something.
Then I remembered this thread and I went into the Deus' remote menu for the MI-6, and I saw that the sensitivity was set to "7". I increased it to 10 and it didn't help. It was then I realized that the scale for sensitivity is from 1 to 50. I upped the sensitivity to 45 and it started falsing in the air, so I lowered it to 35 and then the pinpointer worked as expected and in a similar way to my Garrett.
Try adjusting the sensitivity of the MI-6 in the Deus remote and I suspect this will solve your problem. Good luck!

(Oh, I only got to detect for an hour and found one tombac button with partial shank and a buckle. Not bad for this field and that amount of time)

- Brian

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1619618589.356108.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1619618614.897987.jpg

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes setting mine to about 35 seems to be the sweet spot to get 2-3" inches in depth. The MI-6 paired through the headphones is a great combo!

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
upstate NY -- Lake George region
Detector(s) used
XP DÄ“us, White's DFX, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Initially, I was 't going to spend the money on the XP pinpointer. I already had a very nice older White's and a cheap carrot clone that both worked well. I eventually decided to splurge on the MI-6 and I'm glad I did. Having it work so well with the detector and the conveniences it offers are well worth it in my opinion.

I hope mextallion get his paired up and adjusted to work the way he wants.

Jeff in Pa

Feb 26, 2005
Pa
Detector(s) used
I have owned/own the Anfibio Multi, CTX, Etrac, Equinox, SE Pro, EX II, XS, Soveriegn Elite, Garrett Ace 250 and the Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I run mine at 40 on the sensitivity. That's the best pinpointer I have ever had and believe me I have had almost all of them.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
.5 is a bit shallow but keep in mind you don't want too much sensitivity, that would defeat its purpose [of alerting when you are very close to a small metal object]

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had the original version in the Deus-got it back with the updated version (excluding#s as I seem to quote them wrong all the time)
The pinpointer wasn't staying connected/but now it does.
Garrett carrot vs M-6-well it's night and day as far as pinpointing a target now-had the frustrating not picking it up with the carrot many times-now the M-6 is picking it up but not seeing it is an issue.
Very sensitive and bang on-love the remote silence action also.
Kind of reminded me of the after market pin pointer for the Explorers-except they worked the same as the unit for discrimination.
I hate the beeping out loud of any unit-stealth is so nice even on my permissions out in the middle of a field.
Let me hear the beeps in the headphones-not the world around me.
(This is from purchasing 8 PPs-Minelab pinpointer is very bottom rung) Lent it out a few times and the response was it was useless-the truth didn't hurt a bit-as it was the truth.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread