xp screen protector

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a ballistic nylon cover with clear screen. Plenty available on eBay in the $10 to $20 range if you do a search on XP remote cover. Avoid the silicone cover/case. Dirt creates micro scratches in the silicon “window” which eventually “fogs” enough to obscure the screen.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you just want to protect the screen and you don't want a case for the whole remote, here's what I do: I bought a no-glare iPad screen protector (the plastic kind, not the glass kind) and I cut a section of the screen protector to fit the Deus remote screen. It sticks to that screen just like it would stick to an iPad.
"iCarez [Anti-Glare] Matte Screen Protector". $7.95.
I did this more to cut down on glare and less for protection.

The only problem with mine is that it's started to peel up at the bottom right corner - but that's OK, I have so much material (because the original protector was for a much larger iPad) that I'll just go cut another one!
- Brian

3tqTU8m.jpg

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
upstate NY -- Lake George region
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus, White's DFX, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Nylon/clear plastic window type from eBay. I also added some of those stick-on silicone dots to the buttons so I could push them more easily.

OP
OP
R

rogue

Mar 11, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
fisher f70,f75se,t2se,f22,f2,at pro, xp deus, nox 800, whites TDI sl special edition
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great ideas Thanks im on it...

Mirlen

Tenderfoot
Jul 11, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab CTX-3030, White's V3i, White's Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have spare screen protectors from antiquated iPads we no longer have, I just cut to fit. Doesn't need to be fancy to protect your screen, who cares if it's not exactly straight so long as it covers the majority of the screen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread