Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sure is a lot of cannon shot and musket balls makes you wonder why any one with any common sense would walk straight in to it ? not to bright but that was a realistic rep. of how they did it then .Good film besides if they didn't fight back then there would be a lot people walking around with MD,S looking for relics that dont exist .Old Nam Vet Jim

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. Awesome video and song both.
Thanks,
MM

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Very cool. I used to reenact. I can't remember if it was the 125th or 130th Gettysburg, the battle was stopped at the high watermark of the confederate advance and there was a minute of silence. That minute was really eerie for some reason and I don't think I will ever forget it.

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One of the best on-film depictions of how the war looked. If anyone ever used state-of-art CG to create what it really looked like, most people couldn't/wouldn't want to watch it. I've been reading Co. Aytch, an eyewitness account of a Confederate that was there and it has some gruesome detail and eye-opening descriptions in it. How people viewed life, and their sense of honor and duty were way different than today. To them it was more about a good, honorable death and doing their duty than it was about worrying about survival. Death was much more of constant companion and viewed more often in those days. Its a different mindset that is hard to wrap your head around these days.

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
There was a company called Classic Images that videotapeed a lot of the reenactments in the 80's and 90's. They were all well done and narrated. I think they were all on VHS though. I just thought I would mention it in case anyone was interested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread