Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure Hunter of the Gulf Coast Ron Lord & The Garrett Infinium

One of my trips to Florida I ran into Junklord and his Garrett Infinium. Learned alot from his style of hunting, and his use of a Pi detector. The two things that stood out the most with Ron was the Ls and it 10x14 mono coil. And Ron is very discipline in his hunting pattern. Ron Found 43 Gold Ring in 2009 and several other Gold & Silver items.....Hope you enjoy the Vid....Joe/Obn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvcETc9VZDg

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Treasure Hunter of the Gulf Coast Ron Lord & The Garrett Infinium

Good video that sure is a lot of rings ! question would you rate the Infinium over the Excal II or about equal ? my next detector is strictly for the beach only iam still deciding any insight is helpful
and as far as that Miller scoop it seems a bit awkward but i guess if your used to it like he is ? Thanks for the video its always helpful information ,iam up here in Long Island the East End surrounded by ocean beaches as far as the eye can see . i love those vids you did with the Excal II cant wait for more check my profile there's a few videos on the Aquasound Metal detector do you have any information on that ? Jim Good hunting

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

Excal for LI, have a friend that lives there....uses the excal...loves it. My first choice is the Excal, as a backup the infinium. Each beach requires a different strategy, and the excal covers most. I got the infinium for the Chesapeake Bay here in Maryland. And funny most of the bay hunters here have the miller scoops, I may have to go that way also. No info on the Aquasound, other then they are very hard to come by. The excal... will hit as deep as most Pi's. I did a compare on the 2, the Infin & excal....very close when hunting in AM/Pp in depth with the excal. Only had a few that the excal could not hit. I would go for the Ecalibur II 1000, if targets are very deep, hunt PP/almetal. In Naples, the excal would not do as well as the Infin...not sure why but the Infin was hitting 18 inchs, excal 10 in discriminate, worse in AM....Good luck ..joe

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OldeBeechnut said:
Excal for LI, have a friend that lives there....uses the excal...loves it. My first choice is the Excal, as a backup the infinium. Each beach requires a different strategy, and the excal covers most. I got the infinium for the Chesapeake Bay here in Maryland. And funny most of the bay hunters here have the miller scoops, I may have to go that way also. No info on the Aquasound, other then they are very hard to come by. The excal... will hit as deep as most Pi's. I did a compare on the 2, the Infin & excal....very close when hunting in AM/Pp in depth with the excal. Only had a few that the excal could not hit. I would go for the Ecalibur II 1000, if targets are very deep, hunt PP/almetal. In Naples, the excal would not do as well as the Infin...not sure why but the Infin was hitting 18 inchs, excal 10 in discriminate, worse in AM....Good luck ..joe
Thanks Joe looks like its the Excal II ill be getting it does not seem to diffacult to operate its the sounds i have to listen for it will be fun learning it this summer ,have any books been published yet on the Excal II ? Thanks again Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread