Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rainy Day Silvers & Chicago "Vote Twice for..." anti prohibition token

Went out metal detecting with DDub & Lookn4seated to a set of woods that I did some research on and wanted to hit for the past 3 years but never got around to it, well I'm glad that I finally got a chance to detect it!!! Right off the bat I found an IH then a buffalo then a dime and as the day wore on more oldies kept popping up. At one point the rain got so bad that we had to take refuge in the truck for at least 30 min's but once it let up we were back out detecting again finding more oldies. The quarter I found is my newest oldest silver but the token is by far the best find of the day for me. We are definitely going back to pound that place for all it has!!! :icon_pirat:

You all herd the old Chicago saying "vote early and vote often", well this token is the proves that fact. I found this token yesterday and wanted to share it. Alderman A.J. Cermak later went onto become the Mayor of Chicago and yes the road was named after him. hahaha The token was from between 1919 - mid 20's it was against the prohibition law was that was passed in 1919. enjoy

Attachments

• token2.jpg
    token2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 202
  • token1.jpg
    token1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 211
  • token2.jpg
    token2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 200
  • token1.jpg
    token1.jpg