Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but the wood on my back porch looks older than that!
Carl

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the wood has been buried in mud, and in brackish or fresh water, it could easily last hundreds of years. I have pieces of wooden ships, that are 250 years old, and wooden rifle parts, 80 years in the sea, (Baltic) that are like new, although the metal has rusted. Wood from viking ships seems to last forever, if buried in a bog.

Sorry about your back porch!

OP
OP
S

sherman

Greenie
Jun 11, 2012
milton fl
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
thanks for watching my back on the coment about the back portch.i love treasure hunting but learning how to post messages and pictures the rite way gonna take a few.The only access i have to the internet is on my strait talk phone from wal mart except when im at my inlaws.I hope to get better access soon .thank for your help

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok thankf for posting your finds. I have no experience in wood finds, so can't comment. The stone object is what? The metal pieces don't look more than 200 years old & the bottle is not much older.

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd say about early nineteenth century. The bottle, of course, could be a later period drop onto a site that dates much earlier. However, the iron smith hammer is same as what I have found in a site dating back to the 1830's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread