dive checklist for treasurehunt

drhans

Greenie
Mar 23, 2008
hi everyone, i was just interested to see if anyone else has a checklist to go diving at shipwrecks for equipment to be brought, please post your checklists.

1. Make sure all the equipment is WORKING before leaving the dive center
2. check battery of metal detector and add silicone to metal detector
3. check boats for oil and gas
4. check dive tank pressure
5. each person must check their own equipment before leaving dive center, if someone else is getting equipment for someone that person is responsible for the equipment he is brining

Per person:

Gloves
BC
Tank
weights
Boots
Regulator
wetsuit
Fins
Masks
Towel
Snorkel
Watch

Tools to be brought

Hammer
Metal detector
Sand scoop
Digital camera

Other stuff / spare parts

O rings
Sun screen
Drinks
Silicone for metal detector
Fire

If boat is brought along

Anker
Anker rope
Outboard
Motor oil
Gasoline

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
First and foremost...keep it legal and obtain proper salvage permitting (good luck on that one).

As far as diving equipment, I would certainly have two dive knifes on me as well - one on my right hip or BC clip and one on my left calf. If the wreck site has any relief to it at all, there's always a good chance that there will be fishing nets and/or fishing line hung on it. If you add in poor visibility, you could be looking at a death trap unless you can cut yourself free. I've been entangled in fishing lines while diving for stone crabs in poor visibility and I can tell you it's next to impossible to tear yourself free.

My two cents,

Pcola

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
my primary dive knife is plastic wire tied to my high pressure hose just above the guage console and my secondary is in the goodie bag.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheeshs, when I first started, it was with a steel tank, "A" regulator that required good lungs to breath out of, home made mask, fins, a knife, home made weight belt, and nothing more. If you were affluent you had a burdon tube indicator for depth. Oh yes, a copy of the US Navy diving manual. Wrist watches were only for the rich. Sigh

Don Jose de La mancha

"I exist to LIVE, not live to exist"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread