SAGITTARIO

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2007
Apulia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Impulse 8"-10", CZ-21 10", White Surf Pi Pro, Vibra-Probe 570
Re: Where I can find "DIGER"?

Thankyou Tom for response,

the diger in photo is on ebay but I suspect that don't function, so I've asked where to buy it new.

I just have SEADOO seascoter GTI as you see in photo, but I haven't tried it yet in water.

What you think about it?

Thankyou again

Nico

Attachments

• scooter.jpg
    scooter.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 378

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sag... I had a top level SeaDoo and ended up returning it twice and then finally just asked for a refund. Very poor quality and performance... had trouble with charger, then bad battery, then new battery had short run time and not enough juice to get the job done. Hope your experience is better with yours.

Phips

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II

Aside from your SeaDoo having any mechanical issues, it will certainly do what the DIGER would do. You may need to add a little weight to help stabilize it and keep it in place when blowing. I believe SeaHunter zip tied a couple of dive weights tothe outside of the prop shroud to keep it down.

Here is a video using a SeaDoo on the Jupiter wreck with SeaHunter.

[youtube=425,350]kbR3gAw9jUY[/youtube]

Good Luck,

Robert

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)

RGecy said:
I believe SeaHunter zip tied a couple of dive weights tothe outside of the prop shroud to keep it down.

Here is a video using a SeaDoo on the Jupiter wreck with SeaHunter.

The guy with the metal detector in the video could use a dive weight on his SPG! ;D

I always chuckle over typical dive magazine pics where the subject's haphazard gear configuration has his/her gauge console flaoting overhead or bouncing off a coral head.

As far as scooters, I like the old Dacor units. They are pretty rugged and can really blow some sand....

Stan

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

DiveWrecks said:
The guy with the metal detector in the video could use a dive weight on his SPG! ;D

That was my SPG, Stan, and yes, that video has been a source of embarassment for me from day one. Everyone was jumping in and out of the water countless times and I didn't take the time to streamline my gear. Then the video came out and made me wish I had :P Thanks for noticing - most good divers do :wink:

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II

Darren in NC said:
DiveWrecks said:

That was my SPG, Stan, and yes, that video has been a source of embarassment for me from day one. Everyone was jumping in and out of the water countless times and I didn't take the time to streamline my gear. Then the video came out and made me wish I had :P Thanks for noticing - most good divers do :wink:

A simple biner would solve the SPG problem! I would be more worried about that bald spot on the top of my head if I were you! ;D ;D ;D

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Robert, there are many guys who like to use their hormones for growing hair ;D

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)

Darren in NC said:
Thanks for noticing - most good divers do :wink:

I try to practice the minimal Hogarthian/DIR,cave gear configuration. It makes sense to me.

I just rebuilt an old Scubapro J valve and thought it would be good for shallow recovery work where little swimming is involved. When hard to breathe just pull the pin and get 300 PSI for a return to boat or beach. No need for the SPG.

Stan

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Detector(s) used

excal/pirate said:
stan on what page of the cave diving manual is that method the reason they stopped making js is because to many divers where knocking the lever and running out of air bettar to have a gauge and head to the surface with 500 psi now if you were cave diver you would use 1/3 of your air in 1/3 out and have 1/3 safty margin now i understand you are only diving shallow water at 15 feet so you could go up with less but you should never run out of air underwater and if you dive with the j i would carry a spare air or pony bottle for safety ps if you are diving alone carry a pony or spare air goodluck hh im not trying to embarrass you just trying to make your dive safer

Excal, my first comment and second were not meant to be together as one thought. What I meant in the first was that we (DIR divers) would only use a SPG clipped off to a D-ring (with a gate clip and tied to the gauge with cave line of course) in contrast to a large multi-gauge console floating away from our bodies.

The J valve I meant only for shallow (<20') salvage work, not for an overhead environment where you might bump it into the wrong position. I can tell when my air is about gone and if necessary I could ditch my reg and weight belt and ascend quickly. The only thing good about the J valve is you can have some spare air and can feel safer not using a gauge. They worked for years. I would NEVER do this in deeper water,a nd yes I do believe in the rule of thirds. Thanks for your post.

Stan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions