Can I detect in the indian river? FLorida?

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Sure Arsurfo,
Detect all you want. Just don't bring up anything over 50 years old. How can you tell??? Ask the state of Florida. Apparently the desk pushers in Tallahassee have all the answers. They just don't want to share them.
Aquanut

1715gold

Tenderfoot
Mar 18, 2006
Take the money and run!

Sorry- I mean, I have always been very interested in what lies in the Indian River opposite the Treasure Beaches.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jimi D Pirate said:
Goodies do lie in the river but what lies there the most is .... MUD!
If anything valuable ever ended up in the St Sebastian River it is well on it's way to a fill site. They've been dredging the Sebastian for 3 years...took out up to 12 feet of muck in places. The water still looks like coffee from the drainage from the Stick Marsh, but at least it is deeper.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do dig,dont kill any oysters and clams.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what ropesfish said.

Find dredge piles, and get them after a rain that washes off a layer of mud; that should tell you if the pile is interesting at all.

I found a beautiful half dime in a spoil pile, standing right up on a little pedestal of dirt. Made my day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread