The Name of Your Boat

David Bieber

Greenie
Jan 9, 2019
Primary Interest:
Other
Our first survey boat was the R/V Ready and she was a 21-foot custom-built fiberglass boat with a Volvo inboard. The second was the R/V Locator, a 21-foot SeaOx with a 200-horsepower outboard main and a 35-hp kicker, that had been designed as a Coast Guard inland patrol boat which we modified. These were perfect for local inland, harbor, and nearshore work, as they were big enough to be stable, but they could be trailered easily. For offshore work we chartered vessels.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Delirious" was the name of our 34 footer. For better or worse we sold her. Our hobby farm is called "Delirious Acres" in her honor.

Delirious.jpg

We still have a trailerable 17 ft Mud Hen called Mad Hatter (original name from 1986 that has been handed down). Fun little boat!

DSCN1482.JPG

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Love All The Names! Mine is 'Daddy'$ Money'

Kace

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Broken Dreams" :skullflag:

Attachments

• IMG_0656.jpg
    IMG_0656.jpg
    608 KB · Views: 93

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My boat was originally names 'Esperanza'(hope). A picture of a lady named Esperanza was nailed to the wall in the vessel. The woman's picture was too ugly for me, so when I purchased the vessel, I changed its name to the R/V Explorer, dumped the Mexican registration and re-registered in Roatan (Honduras) to facilitate working in that and adjoining areas. It may be bad luck to change the name of a boat, but I could not work with the sight of her.
Don,.......

Last edited:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Saw one the other day named "Domestic Dispute" LOL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread