Lake Erie

OP
OP
B

bobog

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2010
this barge 777 sank near Port Colborne ,I know the year but will not say. It is not listed in any wreck reports. This is for a reason. I know what was on it and know it is upside down. If anyone knows anything let me know.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but all this "cloak and dagger" is BS. If you are looking for something, you have to provide more info. Throwing out bread crumbs seems like you are just playing games. I've never heard of a shipwreck that didn't leave a paper trail. There would have been insurance companies involved, for the vessel or the cargo. There would have been schedules of where it was coming from and going to. There would have been inquires when a ship doesn't arrive. Newspaper reports and survivor stories.

If you know what ship it is, and where it sank, and what it carried, what exactly are you asking?

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too am confused on what it is you are asking. So far you have pointed out that you know pretty much everything about this wreck...just seems to me that all you want to know is if anyone else knows about it.

OP
OP
B

bobog

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2010
This barge sank during the Korean war.It was u.s. government property. It was originally found byan RCMP officer who had access to Canadian government files. This police officer has since deceased. In the early 60s I saw some of the arrmament from this wreck that he showed me. It was never publized , for obvious reasons, and left on the bottom. This police officer would never say exactly where it was. All he told me was that it was upside down with a hole in the bottom,and he would never go back. It was loaded with arms and war supplies bound for the east coast. All I want to know if there are any vets that were involved or any crew of the tug that are able to help me out.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The problem with the military is, everything they do is classified, covert, and they dont want anyone to know about it. There is so much stuff that they do, and no one knows about it. It is weird they wouldnt look for it all, but that happens. If someone did find it, is in shallow enough water to dive on it, so it could be found. Side scan would work well, if a starting point was known, or a route it could have been on, or the area that the police officer lived near.

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stevemc said:
The problem with the military is, everything they do is classified, covert, and they dont want anyone to know about it. There is so much stuff that they do, and no one knows about it. It is weird they wouldnt look for it all, but that happens. If someone did find it, is in shallow enough water to dive on it, so it could be found. Side scan would work well, if a starting point was known, or a route it could have been on, or the area that the police officer lived near.

Or just check the latest Wikileaks files. Who know...maybe there is something about it in there if it was classified.

mohicanjoe

Feb 8, 2009
Nokomis
Detector(s) used
MineLab Xcalibur
Dear Bob,

I am willing to help you recover the the barge, the box, and all materials.

I am a salvage expert. I also helped write the current Ohio Law for Lake Erie Salvage and artifacts beneath the Great Lake Surface.

My telephone number is 941.488.2257.

I am willing and able to finance the entire salvage operation. Have equipment and divers. No games. In and Out. If you are serious, I am your guy. If not, good luck. Recovering USA in Lake Erie will only see your way to a Federal vacation. You will first need to apply for a permit, then notify the Coast Guard(s) US and Canadian of your in-tensions. If you are at the site, you may be immediately arrested immediately for attempting to pirate USA property. Your equipment impounded.

We are 100 percent straight up.

If you are in it for the guns and fun, I have a weapons dealer North and East of Toronto who will be of assistance. Or, and arms dealer and manufacture in South West Florida. Both are OK with the USA and have all permits applications for your world wide needs.

Please remember, that if you recover any automatic equipment, you will need a permit to possess it once you put your hands on it underwater.

Good Luck.

PS. I have a wreck site like this one on a certain US Coast and the first dive down they came via helicopter then fast boat. We do this for a living. References available.

Any other forum folks interested in recovery, please feel free to call or email. We are willing to help all those who are looking for aide.

Tim

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Obviously, live by your own conscience. I'm of the opinion that anything left on the bottom of an ocean or lake is fair game for whomever wants to bring it up... With that said:

If you're dealing with US military weapons, couldn't there be significant ownership problems? As has been said before: determining value begins with a clean title. Without this, there is nothing.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
LETS SEE YOU WANT TO RECOVER AND SELL US GOVT OWNED - FULL AUTO WEAPONS TO ---COLLECTERS OF "UNCLEAN" (BLACK MARKET) MILITARY WEAPONS ? --SOUNDS LIKE A LONG LONG JAIL TIME PROJECT -- GEE I WOULD NOT BE PUTTING THOSE FACTS ON THE NET IF I WAS YOU--(THANKFULLY I'M NOT) THE GOVT DOES MONITER THE INTERNET YOU KNOW -- LOL SAD VERY SAD.

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might I recommend something called "hushmail.com" for your future communications? :icon_pirat:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
LETS SEE YOU WANT TO RECOVER AND SELL US GOVT OWNED - FULL AUTO WEAPONS TO ---COLLECTERS OF "UNCLEAN" (BLACK MARKET) MILITARY WEAPONS ? --SOUNDS LIKE A LONG LONG JAIL TIME PROJECT -- GEE I WOULD NOT BE PUTTING THOSE FACTS ON THE NET IF I WAS YOU--(THANKFULLY I'M NOT) THE GOVT DOES MONITER THE INTERNET YOU KNOW -- LOL SAD VERY SAD.

The OP never said automatic weapons. He never said exactly what was supposed to be on it. Nothing on the wreck would even be usable, it would all be display or wall hanger only.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
even if they are non automatics and fit only as "wall hangers" --- the weapons are still US govt property and "uncle sugar" takes a dim veiw of folks taking "his" stuff without his ok . -- sounds like a great way to get in a lot of trouble to me.

but hey its your life to do as you please with .

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Ivan didn't ATF agents recently sell a $hit load of automatic weapons to the Mexican drug lords?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
as part of a sting op? or were they corrupt agents?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread