Gold in the Great Lakes

Justice1953

Aug 8, 2011
I will try to make this as short as possible. It is quite possible that I know where there is some gold in the great lakes. It was worth 10 million in 1896. When I was a kid my family dove on the wreck until they ran out of money. You would need a barge and crane to lift the timbers. Research was done for 3 years before diving started. We were sure, as is everyone, that there was gold aboard. But we had some proof that many didn't. I am the only one left alive that knows where she is and I want to sell the information. No money till it's found, everything on the up and up. If anyone knows anyone or is interested you can contact me through this site.

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
$10 million in the Great Lakes in 1896? Color me skeptical. $100,000 sounds more plausible. At that period in time, large shipments of gold around the great lakes were done by train. It was safer, faster and cheaper.

Given that your family "ran out of money" they didn't find anything. Because there most likely is nothing. Without further information, this is a waste of somebody's time. And this is all under the assumption that you aren't full of crap and that you located the correct wreck site.

mohicanjoe

Feb 8, 2009
Nokomis
Detector(s) used
MineLab Xcalibur
Yes, you are correct.

Gold in the Lake. My group is interested in aiding you in the harvesting of the gold. There are several shipwrecks in the lake holding precious metals and jems. We are a complete salvage company based out of Ohio. If you are interested in the harvesting of the gold lost at your families discovered wreck site, please call us at Ohio 419.994.4654.

Thank You,
Tim

Greywolf66

Greenie
Sep 1, 2015
Stephenson, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$10 million in the Great Lakes in 1896? Color me skeptical. $100,000 sounds more plausible. At that period in time, large shipments of gold around the great lakes were done by train. It was safer, faster and cheaper.

Given that your family "ran out of money" they didn't find anything. Because there most likely is nothing. Without further information, this is a waste of somebody's time. And this is all under the assumption that you aren't full of crap and that you located the correct wreck site.

Vain or scared folks back then would have loaded it on a ship and took their chances rather than risk highwaymen who were more brutal than common theives. Money plagues all expeditions.

Greywolf66

Greenie
Sep 1, 2015
Stephenson, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
realize this is an old post but if you still want to see it rise to the surface; We are interested you provide the grid we recover it. 50/50 after agreed and common expenses. contact me directly 906.290.4055

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions