Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is there a good resource for buying the gast pumps?

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like you have everything their but the kitchen sink. A lot of thought seems to have gone into this rig and it looks sweet and safe. But I did notice one thing that could be changed. Maybe you could have some ice water for the copper coil to cool all that extra air. Ha Ha Looks like your playing for keeps on this sweet rig. All the holes in the frame. Looks like you have all the kinks out of this unit. It pay's to set it up for yourself and do it right the first time. I'm going to put a Hookah in my pedal Kayak. I would build one, but being my first time doing that. I would want it right and safe. Nice unit!

Greywolf66

Greenie
Sep 1, 2015
Stephenson, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a newbie to this forum and look forward to checking out the dozens of forums that exist.

I'm not a newbie to hooka diving or to building my own dredges and complete hookah diving systems.

The reason I'm chirping in is I've a concern on your choice for a tank for air supply.

It sure looks like its a steel tank from a traditional air compressor and if so it can and will affect your health.

A great tank is an old out of service scuba tank so if you have any dive shops nearby try them.

There's many safe choices for a tank but a metal, galvanized or not is not one of them.

My 2 cents.

Regards, ,,deda,,

Agreed AUV; When I went to NOME in 2013, I noticed alot of Spare tire tanks being used, I was the first to outfit a dredge with a literal Commercial rig from comms to bailout and rack emergency air. Health first. Pay a little now or pay with your life later. We all want to be around to teach our grandchildren...

Greywolf66

Greenie
Sep 1, 2015
Stephenson, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bay Tech Industries the owner is a friend and former mentor - his team are former workmates.
Bay-Tech Industries, Inc.
Bay-Tech Equipment Rentals, Inc.
1253 1st Avenue
Harvey, LA 70058
Toll Free: 1-800-878-6111
Phone: (504) 328-6456
Fax: (504) 328-6458
Email: [email protected]

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a basic note..be sure the exhaust from the gas engine cannot get to the intake from the compressor...seen people forget that basic thing and get gassed...in bad way.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems to me that with whatever tank one chooses, should be the best one possible and should be outfitted for the environment in which it is being used. With AUVnav's post in mind, you would want to keep the tank somewhat cooler if working in warm waters off Florida with high air temps or other warm water/high air temp locations and if working the colder waters of mountain rivers and streams or the cold waters of the Bering Sea and cool to cold temps off Alaska, one would surely want to have a way to warm the tank and air. Compensation of the air temperature would also have to be made depending on the temperature of the water that you are working in and the length of hose being used to provide that air because the air in the hose is either going to cool down or warm up depending on the hose length and water temperature. Also, any application of such should be done with what the oxygen temperature intake into your' lungs is recommended medically.

Last edited:

Kozygold77

Greenie
Dec 27, 2018
Alaska
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how do you setup the svuba tank as a reserve tank? what fittings do you use for the setup?

Kozygold77

Greenie
Dec 27, 2018
Alaska
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a newbie to this forum and look forward to checking out the dozens of forums that exist.

I'm not a newbie to hooka diving or to building my own dredges and complete hookah diving systems.

The reason I'm chirping in is I've a concern on your choice for a tank for air supply.

It sure looks like its a steel tank from a traditional air compressor and if so it can and will affect your health.

A great tank is an old out of service scuba tank so if you have any dive shops nearby try them.

There's many safe choices for a tank but a metal, galvanized or not is not one of them.

My 2 cents.

Regards, ,,deda,,

how do you setup the scuba tank as a reserve tank? what fittings do you use for the setup?

Harvest

Apr 6, 2008
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Whites SL90, Surf PI, Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I can't Believe you that you value your life so little ,obviously your creativeness in design in hookah unit has a lot to be desired . Check Air Line, by J. Sink, this is high quality rig. Over 18 yrs. of use with no problems . I've been diving over 60 yrs. ,I would hate to see a rip tag on you for stupid and cheap

sincereuly. Harvest

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread