Bermuda Treasures

Briggs99

Greenie
Oct 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the 1800's...the British Military, Bermuda Hospital & Convict Hulk Ships were all near this site.

Thousands of artifacts recovered, ten of thousands more.

IMG_4269.JPG

A 10 ounce silver mug was recovered this past summer.

Last edited:

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds, would like to see more.

Steve

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to go to BDA all the time with the Air Force back in the 70s and 80s, loved it there and love the diving there. I use to bring a 72 with me and drive to different locations on my Scooter with my tank on my back and my mask and fins in the little basket up front. (Wet suit, don't need no stinking wet suit)
One of my diving buddies was there with the Navy Diving ship Cormorant and got to dive with Teddy Tucker and his crew.
There is tons of history on the bottom in Bermuda and warm water at least compared to what I am use to.
Thanks for posting the pic, please put up some more it brings back allot of good memories.:icon_thumleft:
ZDD

OP
OP
Briggs99

Briggs99

Greenie
Oct 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW...Bermuda government altered its policy so as to encourage controlled shipwreck exploration that benefits both the nation and the salvors.
Individuals and groups can now apply for search and salvage permits and receive one-half of what they recover.

They also should pay for your salving time by the hour.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic display there Briggs, looks like you have been a busy boy.
When I get home I will post up some pix of some of my finds.
I hope to go to BDA with my wife again next year. Perhaps we could make a dive together.
By the way one of my buddies has dove with Teddy Tucker and his crew.
ZDD

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zodiacdiverdave, Now that is one impressive collection. Nice work
Thanks OldMan, the real treasures are in the box on top of the display cabinet. I will post up some pix later today. I had to put alot of my goodies away in boxs because I have my 3 year old Grandson living with me right now, and you know how they can be with treasure.
ZDD
Update: Here is a shot of my little treasure box, all but a few of the coins were found while diving, the rest were found dirt diving.:metaldetector:
We get several Bremuda bottles up here. The pic of the Codd stopper bottle was taken at a friends recently, it is from Hamilton BDA but I can't remember the name on it. The bottle looks like it was made yesterday, even the rubber ring looks new.
ZDD

Attachments

• 20130405_194600.jpg
    20130405_194600.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 321
  • 20130426_200632.jpg
    20130426_200632.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 444
Last edited:

Whitt

Feb 7, 2013
Dave,

I love the Royal Navy plate. Awesome. Years ago a friend of mine found a cod stopper bottle on the Leticia.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Briggs and Zodiacdiver, what great bottle and artifact collections you have!!! Keep up the good work. Tom

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bermuda this year?
Hey there Briggs99, my wife and I went to the DR this year and then I did a dive trip to Florida so this year is going to be out for me. My wife and I have been looking at going back to the Grotto Bay next spring but I am a little concerned about what ever is going on beside the resort there. We see on google earth something that looks a bit like a quarry or a construction site next to the GB. Do you have any idea what might be going on there? I've allways loved the Grotto Bay Resort but wouldn't want to stay there if it's going to be too noisy.
ZDD

Last edited:

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever happened with all of that permitting and requirements? Last I remember, they opened it up for permitting, but it seemed that the permitting was either stalled, or the requirements to salvage too onerous.

Did this finally move forward?

OP
OP
Briggs99

Briggs99

Greenie
Oct 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grotto is great.

My family & I are going Friday for 3 weeks.

I have a place at
Newstead Belmont Hills.

I may have time in spring to rent you. Google our resort.

OP
OP
Briggs99

Briggs99

Greenie
Oct 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks OldMan, the real treasures are in the box on top of the display cabinet. I will post up some pix later today. I had to put alot of my goodies away in boxs because I have my 3 year old Grandson living with me right now, and you know how they can be with treasure.
ZDD
Update: Here is a shot of my little treasure box, all but a few of the coins were found while diving, the rest were found dirt diving.:metaldetector:
We get several Bremuda bottles up here. The pic of the Codd stopper bottle was taken at a friends recently, it is from Hamilton BDA but I can't remember the name on it. The bottle looks like it was made yesterday, even the rubber ring looks new.
ZDD

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
OP
OP
Briggs99

Briggs99

Greenie
Oct 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been very busy especially during the quiet tourism during Covid.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread