Oct 8, 2012
Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2
Whitees Dualfield PI
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello,

It is likely that the Port-Au-Prince was recently found in Tonga. The salvage is yet to take place due to rough sea conditions until the seas change in November. On board there is likely to be Gold, Silver and Crucifixes and other items of value.

Here is a link to a recent article on the find: Cookies must be enabled | Herald Sun

I would be interested in joining anyone who would like to dive on the site- please get in touch. Additionally, if you are looking for help on any current projects you are working on I am very interested in meeting other like-minded individuals.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Juicy, I would love to dive and work on that site, but I am in Florida, and that is way away from here. Keep me informed on this. Steve.

OP
OP
J

Juicy

Greenie
Oct 8, 2012
Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2
Whitees Dualfield PI
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Steve, It would be awesome to diver it..great part of the world. So what are you up to in Florida..do you do much hunting for lost ships? I hear there is a lot of that stuff going on over there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread